Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new here, and i was hoping to get a little help. i don't own an mdx, but through connections (i do auto safety research) obtained a 2001 mdx stereo head unit (w/ 6-disc changer), nav screen and nav controller from a crash test victim. these have been sitting in my office for months, but i have seen that it is possible to view video on the nav screen. i figure it is too difficult to actually make the nav system work, but it might be possible to rig the screen for a ps2 or dvd player. i know i could buy the helms manual, but considering i don't own an mdx, that isn't really necessary. can anybody tell me the pinouts for the two wiring harnesses that go into the back of the dash mounted nav screen unit? your help is much appreciated. i was able to find the pinouts for the nav controller....but i need to connect to the display unit.

i would like to figure out how to put the head unit in my accord, but i don't have the amplifiers out of the mdx...oh well.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that link MDXtrous, it will help if I decide to do something with the stereo head unit...but what I really want is the same sort of info for the dash-mounted nav component. it has two connectors, one is a 20 pin and right next to it is a 5 pin. sorry about any confusion.

rodney

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Try PMing hondacuraworld . Tim was very helpful when I was trying to find the schematic for the head unit molex plug. Maybe he'll know with all his access to the service manuals.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can help you with the pinouts later if you still want it, because I have the manuals. But if your objective is to use the display for PS2 or DVD, what you need is the AVC-RGB1. Pinouts and manuals won't help you there... Do a search for it. Big problem with the AVC-RGB1 is that they are nearly impossible to find nowadays, being that it is discontinued.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, hondacuraworld hooked me up with the wiring diagrams that i needed...THANKS!!! i know i need the converter AVC-RGB1, at least i can now connect to the right pins on the display unit. i find it really hard to believe that converters like this are so rare...it just seems like they would be common nowadays.

thanks again hondacuraworld.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts