Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my nav screen etc. completely disappeared. The dealership (Sterling McCall Acura in SW Houston) was very concerned and had me bring the car right in. They loaned me an Integra (a nippy car, but no MDX) and worried over my problem for a couple of days. When it could not be solved they installed a whole new system. Has anyone else had this problem and how was it solved?:confused:

2002 Silver Touring
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
interesting, it was my understanding that a screen blackout was a simple SW upgrade. Not a new system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nav blackout

I was unclear. I meant that they installed a new screen. I should proof-read my submissions better:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Last week my Nav screen was black. But after stopping and starting the X again, it re-appeared. Normal since that blackout, will keep an eye on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
My sister-in-law experienced the black-out twice with their MDX. She had to stop restart the car and it came back up.

I've had one experience where the screen just froze. (It reminded me of my desktop running windows:p). But hopefully it will never just die like that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
So I be glad that I didn't get the Navi now? :D :p At least I don't need to worry about the black-out. :1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
JTM said:
So I be glad that I didn't get the Navi now? :D :p At least I don't need to worry about the black-out. :1:
The 0.1% of the times that it breaks down is frustrating. But the other 99.9% of the times have proven to be extremely useful and convinced me that I'll never buy another car without Navi. Even if there isn't one from the manufacturer, I'd put one in. It's just that valuable;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
I knew I shouldnt have read this thread. It jinxed my car. I never had the blackout problem until this morning on my way to work. My Navi screen went blank, and no button would start it up again. I stopped at a light and restarted the car, all was well again.

Maybe its a computer virus that was set to go off this week (just kidding).
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Im pretty sure when it blacks out it, really it is locking up. Probably a easier way, thats if you are a acrobat. Lean over to the passenger side, open the door to the DVD and close it. It will restart the DVD and basically reboot the system. Im sure comparing a black out to a BSOD is a little on the severe side ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I also had my screen "blocked out" at least twice. Pretty much the same way MDXtrous mentioned: just was not reacting on any buttons pressed(outside and within the screen). Restarting DVD might be a good idea. I think "hard reset" button should've been there and easily available(not like reaching out DVD player) for such situations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nav screen

Thanks for the input. This has by no means put me off having a nav. screen - it's invaluable and I use it all the time as we drive to sports tournaments at night and have to find our way. I'm sorry if some people were worried by this thread - the nav. is a great system.:4:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top