Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NAV, Radio, RES, and 12 V power adapters went out last night on my 2003 MDX. I believe I checked the radio and ACC fuse, but they looked fine. Anyone know what fuse(s) or relay(s) might cause these to go out. My wife said the last thing she heard was a "pop" sound, then everything went out.

All other power seems to be fine. Headlights, windows, locks, heater, dash lights. Everything seems okay and the car is drivable. They only thing that appears to be affected is....

GPS screen is off
Radio does not power on
RES is off
12 V power on dash and in center console glove is not working.

The little red security LED on the radio still blinks though. Seems like this is more than a fuse, but what electrical links all of these? Some relay blew out or something?

·
Registered
608 Posts
The cover of the fuse boxes (which are located under the hood and the footwells) illustrate very nicely which fuses are for what. Your manual is also your friend. Get it dog-earred!

I had a blown fuse earlier this year -- turns out I had a piece of foil stuck at the bottom of my 12-volt connector in the console, which was causing a short when I plugged my iPod adaptor in. If your fuse blows again after replacing it (if that is indeed the cause of your problem), make sure you check for these kinds of things.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, found the correct fuse. 15A ACC fuse on the passenger side kick panel. I guess this fuse covers 12 V outlets AND power to the front console display.

·
Registered
608 Posts
arnel_lim said:
Okay, found the correct fuse. 15A ACC fuse on the passenger side kick panel. I guess this fuse covers 12 V outlets AND power to the front console display.
Yep!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
arnel_lim said:
That's great. Did you determine the cause of the fuse blowing?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't pinpoint the cause. I'm "suspecting" it was the dangling Motorola 12V Cell phone charger I had plugged into the center console. I normally have it plugged in, but only connect it to my Motorola RAZR when needed.

That's really the only variable I can think of that might have shorted the system, but I'm not 100% certain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a similar issue, no power to the radio, however the nav system is fully operational. i have checked all fuses (hood and passenger side panel) with no luck. The center console adapter has power as does the other adapter under the radio. any help will be gladly appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had this exact problem. My 2006 MDX has been a great performer and I have been the only owner. I was a bit distressed when the Navigation System and Radio went out at the same time. A quick check indicated the power outlet in the dash and the middle console were not working either. I checked what I thought were the obvious fuses for the radio and Nav system and ALL of them were ok. But thanks to this discussion I checked all the fuses. The LAST one I pulled out, the front ACC, was blown and once I replaced it everything was back up and running. I just had to enter my code again. Anyway, thanks all!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exact same symptoms and fix on our 2004 MDX. Replaced the 15 amp fuse after losing Nav, radio, and chg ports (cig lighters) 15 mins into a family vacation. Quick fix on the side of the road and we were underway. Thanks MDXers. Saved me and my family the pain of dad crawling into a contorted pretzel position to pull fuses one at a time. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My NAV, Radio, RES, and 12 V power adapters went out last night on my 2003 MDX. I believe I checked the radio and ACC fuse, but they looked fine. Anyone know what fuse(s) or relay(s) might cause these to go out. My wife said the last thing she heard was a "pop" sound, then everything went out.

All other power seems to be fine. Headlights, windows, locks, heater, dash lights. Everything seems okay and the car is drivable. They only thing that appears to be affected is....

GPS screen is off
Radio does not power on
RES is off
12 V power on dash and in center console glove is not working.

The little red security LED on the radio still blinks though. Seems like this is more than a fuse, but what electrical links all of these? Some relay blew out or something?
i t is the right side marker light fuse under glove compartment. Blew the radio also...same fuse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts