Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried the manual, but it didn't seem to answer these questions:

1) Is there any way to get rid of the Disclaimer Screen? Do I really have to acknowledge this every time I want to use the NAV system?

2) At times this NAV system has me on the wrong roads. I was traveling down a major road yesterday, on the mapped route to my destination, but the NAV system had me traveling on side streets at least a 1/4 mile away. It was irritating because it kept telling me to turn to get back to the mapped route, while I was already on the mapped route. It eventually "fixed" itself, but if I didn't really know where I was going, the NAV system would have put me off the mapped route.

3) Is there a way to delete specific "Previous Destinations"?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I havent figured out how to get rid of the disclaimer screen. I looked through the repair manual hoping to find something there. They had a test mode, but nothing on getting rid of the disclaimer.

I dont think you can get rid of previous destimations other than it only keeps track of a certain amount, and then the old ones fall off.

My Nav keeps showing me driving off the freeway, and then correcting itself. I havent tried to see if I can correct my location yet. I wonder if some of the confusion is due to roads with added carpool lanes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
More than likely the disclaimer is there for legal reasons to protect NavTec, Acura, and the manufacturer of the Nav Unit. Probably impossible to get rid of it. I've seen it on every NAV unit that I have used that is installed in a vehicle.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The disclaimer screen can't be avoided - just have to press "ok" & move on! :)

The NAV has a + - 100 ft accuracy & it does sometimes show you are on freeways, when you or on service rds, etc.

You can correct the location while stopped - if you are shown on the wrong street - etc. The Nav manual tells you how.

I'm not sure about deleting previous destinations - I'm too lazy to go look at the manual :rolleyes:

·
Registered
411 Posts
The disclaimer screen can not be avoided. It's there for legal reasons.

To erase the previous destinations, go to setup and you will find a button to delete them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you reverse engineer the NavDVD you could do what you wanted... Albeit, you would have to break a few federal laws and burn your own dvd to do it... You could have the start-up screen show your favorite photo, etc...

Now that dvdburners are coming down in price, maybe someone will do something... Until then. I push OK everytime...

A little tip, every once in awhile I like to have the nav take me home or to a friends house from some wierd location I've driven to. To prevent your house (or girlfriend's house) from popping up on the previous destinations list I use the personal address list that makes you "login" as a user with a password... This way I always have frequently visited addresses programmed in and they will not show up on previous destinations...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts