Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After enjoying my new '03 for 1 week, my car started making some strange noises which I believe are coming from the sound system and the nav unit. I can turn the radio off and I still get the noise. This is happening whether I start the nav up or don't activate it.
I have already taken my car back to the dealership, but this was their first look at an '03. And, of course it didn't make the noise when they test drove it. Has anyone heard of any kind of interference?
Thanks!
Anne

·
Registered
356 Posts
What does the noise sound like? Can you describe it?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Can you describe the noise? Just to get it right. It happens with radio off and Navigation on or off? Is the noise loud or quiet?Are you positive it is an electronics noise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like electronic interference. Kind of static with a throb?? It's happening with the Nav off and On, at all different times. The noise is really loud, at the volume of the voice on the Nav unit. And, it does happen when the radio is turned off or on as well.

Anne

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Do you have you cell phone anywhere near the nav/radio???

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Left front speaker only or all speakers?

You wouldn't happen to have a Nextel phone nearby, would you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm....
I have a Motorola cell. But why wouldn't it cause problems all the time? I have to say that I do keep it in the little storage space near the shifter. Which, of course, is right under the Nav unit.

And, if this is the answer...I don't get why the guys at Acura couldn't figure this one out?

Have other people reported this kind of noise problem?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Cell Phone Interference

I have noticed a soft low pitched buzz from the speakers when I am using my cell phone and bring it near the head unit.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cell Phone

I also was experiencing the same noise off my new 03 navi unit. After talking to my local service department, they said with some cell phones and computers near the navi unit causes this noise.
I just lean way back when I talk on the cell phone and I can't hear the noise.

I wonder if Acura will make a patch for this?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
AHA!! A use for the second seat memory button.

Position#1- regular driving position...No phone in hand

Position#2- Seat slid to farthest point away from steering wheel with full decline of seat...Accepting phone call:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a T-Mobile Sidekick and the speakers squawk like crazy if I leave it in the lower tray by the shifter. Scared the hell out of me when I first did it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've heard radio noise just before the phone starts ringing. Saw it in my RL, but have not noticed on the X. I was using a Nokia on AT&T with the RL. Now on Verizon and have not noticed it since the switch.

It was like the handshake between the cell and phone just before the ring emitted a stronger signal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think some of the blame should be with the cell phone makers for improper shielding. My Nextel phone is especially bad, while my wife's Ericcson causes no interference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts