Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home today, I input the address of the location to where I will be traveling tommorrow. After finishing, I touched the OK button, and instead of calculating the route, the following message appeared:

"Unable to calculate route, please try again from a different location"

I have never seen this before, despite having used the Nav extensively in the same area wher I input the info (home). And, the address where I will be going tommorrow is not exactly a rural area...36th Street in New York City!

Has anyone else encountered this error message? I have not been able to locate any info in the manual.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Now that's fascinating Maik....I've never seen that before. What was your satellite reception like when this happen, if you happened to notice? 3 green stripes?

Rob :31:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked, signal strength is green...strong.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had that happen once to a known address to. Seems to me I had to power the car off or chose another address first.

Chris

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Robyjo said:
What was your satellite reception like when this happen, if you happened to notice? 3 green stripes?

Rob :31:
Excuse me for my ignorance but how can you tell what the satellite reception is.? Just got my X 2 weeks ago and I did not realize it indicated satellite reception.:confused:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Upper left corner of screen...green = strong signal, yellow = weak not shown = no signal

·
Registered
617 Posts
Did you turned off your AUTO REROUTE? Just Guessing but could be..

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The address I was trying was a garage on 36th Street...I was never able to get the Nav to work for that address, although when I hit the map button it would show it. I tried the address of the office building where I was going (less than 1 block away) and the nav worked fine...although I was not impressed with the route it selected.

I would be interested to see if the same error message shows up for anyone else. The garage is located at 60 West 36th Street NYC, NY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts