Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim,

When Honda comes out with the promised Nav update (v2.06?) in the Fall, will you be selling it out of the HUGE Hondacuraworld warehouse? If so, will it be at that fantastic pricing level we've all come to love?

Either way, thanks for all the great stuff you do for all of us!

jnbsdad

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Huge Hondacuraworld warehouse huh? :D Right now it's just a huge mess!

If Acura makes it, I will sell it. I have no idea how much I'll be able to offer them for, or if Acura's going to make it available through parts, or just through Helm, the same as an owners' manual.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The problem with this idea is that I think Alpine provides the disks for Acura. When I ordered mine last time it was through a web site but came from Alpine and not Acura. I am thinking that Acura is not involved?

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alpine

I had my Nav replaced, it crapped out. When they replaced it they also put a new DVD in it. I got it in my hot little hands for a bit and it was marked Alpine... not Accura.

Just for info... the technition who replaced my unit did it in my driveway! Yes he came to my house and did it right out in the drive on his way home from work. Los Gatos Accura service department rocks.

Bob

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
A small correction there.....

DaleB said:
Be glad it's only $150. Alpine charges $200 for the full US disk for their after-market navis.
.......it costs, $300 :mad: , not $200 and as you can tell, I'm not quite happy about that and that's why I've not updated yet.......besides, Acura (I know, I know, it's made by Alpine.....but for some odd reason the Acura OEM version is completely different) has updated so many coverage areas (detailed areas for cities), whereas the Alpine aftermarket version is SERIOUSLY :mad: lagging behind. I did a side-by-side city list comparison for Acura's last year release (sept 2001 ver. 2.05) with Alpine's current (May 2002 ver. 1.3) and cities covered a friggin year back by Acura are STILL NOT covered by Alpine. Really makes me mad!......wonder what they're ripping us of with that $300 for :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Tim ... Surely you should be able to get them from Acura so that one of your dealership's customers could have it "INSTALLED BY A CERTIFIED, CREDENTIALED, TRAINED, COMPETENT, mechanic" as part of his/her annual servicing!!

Seriously, it only makes sense that a Parts Dept should be able to order it [them]. My point is that this could be a win-win for both you and your customers. Seems to me that this could become a "regularly ordered item" from many of your current customers. If you get a decent cost [vs. MSRP] and share some of the savings this could be good for all.

Tim ... you should love it ... an accessory with a limited life!! Once the customer is hooked, the vendor has it made ... and in our case ... the customers [NAVI buyers] are already hooked ... oh whata way to run a country ...

·
Registered
452 Posts
srpbep said:
Tim ... Surely you should be able to get them from Acura so that one of your dealership's customers could have it "INSTALLED BY A CERTIFIED, CREDENTIALED, TRAINED, COMPETENT, mechanic" as part of his/her annual servicing!!

Seriously, it only makes sense that a Parts Dept should be able to order it [them].
As pointed out before this does not seem to be an Acura part, hence Tim may not have access to it.

It appears to be and OEM part from Alpine specified by Acura.

If Tim's price is cheaper than Alpine I will be the first to jump on board right after I pressure my dealer to give me a free one to fix the bug that 2.05 introduced.

Chris

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Hey Vicpai the Navi Guy

vicpai,
Glad to see you are still vigilent as to the latest Navi system developments. I have not upgraded my DVD (2.04) since I heard 2.05 did have much new stuff on it. Have you heard anything about the upcoming release which I assume will be 2.06? (I just checked another thread where you state that there would be complete street mapping and 7M POIs so I guess that answers my question)

Tim,
Even if you can't provide a price break, I buy one from you just to give you volume and hopefully some margin on the transaction. If you can't get enough of them or sell enough of them to make it worthwhile so be it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
DVD

I have a couple of Nav-related questions:

1. Has anyone noticed the misspelling on the welcome/warning screen when the Nav comes on? If so, is Acura doing anything about it?

2. Do you always have to push buttons to get past the welcome screen or is there a way to have it start up in map mode?

Your input is appreciated.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: DVD

Lugnut said:

1. Has anyone noticed the misspelling on the welcome/warning screen when the Nav comes on? If so, is Acura doing anything about it?

2. Do you always have to push buttons to get past the welcome screen or is there a way to have it start up in map mode?

(I guess if read it, I would have seen the misspelling...he said, sheepishly...)

·
Registered
715 Posts

Lugnut said:

Lug, to answer #2, nope, ya gotta hit OK to pass GO and collect your $200. Or is it $152?:D

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

Lugnut said:

How about an answer in plain English:

#1. NO, haven't noticed and can't spell good myself.

#2. Yes, must puch the button each time.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
JR said:
Here's a link for buying the Acura Navi DVD update online from Acura. They are still showing the V2.05a (Sept 2001), but I'd expect this would be where you could find the new one pretty quickly after it comes out. The price is $152.00.
http://www.acura.com/navdvd/mya_dvd_index.asp
My MDX has version 2.05e. Build date of X was 5/21/02. Wonder what the difference is between 2.05a and 2.05e. When I picked up the X at the dealer and the salesman was going over the navi system I asked what the "e" meant. He wasn't sure but thought it might mean English. Apparently it does not.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Huge Hondacuraworld warehouse huh? :D Right now it's just a huge mess!

If Acura makes it, I will sell it. I have no idea how much I'll be able to offer them for, or if Acura's going to make it available through parts, or just through Helm, the same as an owners' manual.
Tim, any idea if the new updated DVD would be the same one being used in the 2003 MDX or the 2003 Honda Accord??? I wanted to see if the 2002 Nav units can be updated to the 7 million points of interest as opposed to the 3.5 million we had in the past. I'm hoping the 2002 units would be compatitable with the newest 2003 Nav system referred to as the next generation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts