Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're constantly getting a disk read error on the nav system in our 07 X Sport. I have a homemade nav disk in the unit with 2009 maps. My guess is the disk unit is failing and not the disk. Thought I would just switch back to the original disk to see if that fixed anything, but since the maps were older the system rejected the disk. Sometimes we just get an error and I switch back to the radio display and all is well until it freaks again. Other times, the whole system reboots. The error is more annoying than anything since I NEVER use the nav system because it's crap.Is there anyway to disable the system? I'd rather not spend the money for a new disk unit for a system I never use. Or am I stuck with the annoying errors?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
We're constantly getting a disk read error on the nav system in our 07 X Sport. I have a homemade nav disk in the unit with 2009 maps. My guess is the disk unit is failing and not the disk. Thought I would just switch back to the original disk to see if that fixed anything, but since the maps were older the system rejected the disk. Sometimes we just get an error and I switch back to the radio display and all is well until it freaks again. Other times, the whole system reboots. The error is more annoying than anything since I NEVER use the nav system because it's crap.Is there anyway to disable the system? I'd rather not spend the money for a new disk unit for a system I never use. Or am I stuck with the annoying errors?
You can create another copy of your home-made navi DVD with high quality disk like Verbatim. It should fix the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts