Discussion Starter #1
This Sunday, I'm taking the plunge!!!
I made an appointment with Ron at Streeteffectz.com to do the following:

1. Convert my NAV for video
2. Install DVD player under drivers seat
3. Install 2 5.6" Starvision Headrest monitors
4. Install wireless IR headphone set
5. Install 2 150db Airhorns
6. Install new headunit (Pioneer DEH-P740MP, with CD-RB10 aux input for DVD audio)

What I'd like to know is:

1. Who'd like to see pix?
2. Would you rather see pix of the install or video of it's operation, or both?
3. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Let me know, as I'm now 4 days away from having a mobile theater.

Jesse

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah Baby!!!!

All of the above please. LOTS OF PICS.

Oh, and I'm so jealous right now...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds great! I'm planning on doing some of those mods you've mentioned myself.

Originally I was going to have the stuff professionally installed but most shops I've talked to have never worked on an MDX before so I just decided to do it myself whenever I had some spare time.

So far I've done the Nav conversion, put in a TV Tuner (Clarion TTX001), a 3 video switcher (Pioneer CD-VS33), a JVC head unit (KD-SH99), and Kicker speakers. I'm planning on putting in 5.6" Necvox monitors in the headrests, I remember seeing a picture of an X with these on eBay. The 3 video switcher will let all 3 monitors show any 3 sources independently. Might be something you may want to consider.

I'd like to see pics of the head unit after its done, I'm still working on the fiberglass faceplate. In the meantime there's a big void in the dash. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
One of the video outputs of the video switcher is connected to the video input of the RGB decoder used in the Nav conversion. Audio goes through the Line Input of the Head Unit.

I'm still working on getting the Navi voice to work with the new HU, though. Anyone have any tips as to which wires to use and if the signal needs to be amplified?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nav Conver.

Hey,

Count me in for seeing the results. May I aks if they are qouting you a good price for all of this??

Man, I want this sooooo bad! Can't seem to find a shop in the MD/VA/DC area that can do all of this.:D :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ron will be posting the pics soon. In the meantime, all I can say is this:

"Ron and StreetEffectz do the most amazing work. After all was said and done, I can't believe how clean and professional of a job they did. I couldn't be happier. The NAV modification went so well, you'd think that the screens primary function is to show video, and NAV secondary. You won't believe the picture quality on the NAV display. It's far greater than the quality of aftermarket 5.6" displays. To make this an even sweeter installation, the whole thing was done on a Sunday."

By the way, Ron, if you're reading this: great job again!!!! The air horns kick ass.

·
Registered
13 Posts
navi plunge

Beautiful, I've talked to Ron on several occasions
he's a good guy...I'm doing my navi conversion
this sunday with Ron....glad to hear
your satisfied.......I'm ready...how much did
it set u back?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts