Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... solved. I went into my garage around 10:00 pm the other night and the flashers were on. The weren't on at 7:00 pm. The garage was locked, the car doors were closed and there was nobody else in the house. I opened the door and turned them off. No problems with the car.

Today I opened the passenger door and found my EZ-Pass transducer on the floor. It must have fallen off the windshield and hit the flasher button on its way to the floor. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
hahahaha, kinda spooky......get some better velcro :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hazards on, no break-in

This one deserves a bump! I was scratching my head all morning trying to figure it out until I found this post. THANK YOU! In our case it was a suction cup transponder that let go, probably due to the frigid overnight temp (-24 Celcius with windchill -35). I can't imiagine the odds of it hitting that button in just the right spot and at just the right angle to engage it!

... solved. I went into my garage around 10:00 pm the other night and the flashers were on. The weren't on at 7:00 pm. The garage was locked, the car doors were closed and there was nobody else in the house. I opened the door and turned them off. No problems with the car.

Today I opened the passenger door and found my EZ-Pass transducer on the floor. It must have fallen off the windshield and hit the flasher button on its way to the floor. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Bill! I LOVE this site! A couple weeks ago I found the flashers going when I was leaving for work - and was similarly having the transponder disengagement issue, but didn't put 2 + 2 together - until this morning the battery was dead dead dead ( 4 month old 2019) and I found this thread. Took a couple of explanations before my husband would believe me that this was the cause. I have resecured the transponder with new velcro, a few inches off center so the hazard button won't be in the line of 'fall.' Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
jcat
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing