Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've had a mechanic do the seam sealer/fender and door job, only to have the leak continue on the drivers side. Took the car into the body shop for a claim and pointed out the wet floor. Turns out when I had the windshield replaced in 2009, it wasn't seal properly! Safelite replaced the glass for free last month free of charge and the leak is gone! AMEN!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody seen the leak in the side curtain area?

I recently bought an 04 MDX and am loving it, but just this weekend it was raining pretty steadily while we were out running errands and the area around the front passenger side curtain airbag got soaked, causing a steady drip to the floorboard. Would a clogged sunroof drain possibly leak out into that area of the interior? It seems too high up to be a leak around the windshield so I assume the problem is with the sunroof drain but it doesn't leak around the sunroof it's down around the side curtain airbag, weird.

Does anyone here have experience removing the interior panel around the side curtain airbag? I'm hesitant to do anything for fear of damaging that airbag but if it's potentially a simple fix I really don't want to have to spend a bunch of money in repairs if it's something I can handle myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Water leakage from trunk door

Hi all,
I have 2009 Acura MDX I noticed water leak from the trunk door, very bad workmanship from Acura. Never advice any one to buy this car anymore.
Sam

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've had a mechanic do the seam sealer/fender and door job, only to have the leak continue on the drivers side. Took the car into the body shop for a claim and pointed out the wet floor. Turns out when I had the windshield replaced in 2009, it wasn't seal properly! Safelite replaced the glass for free last month free of charge and the leak is gone! AMEN!
****y leak is still there! I'm at a loss..

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 MDX Leak

We recently bought a 2016 MDX, and after 3 weeks of ownership, and a couple of days of heavy rain, we discovered that the carpet was soaked front to back. We took the vehicle into the dealer, who was great btw, and they ended up troubeshooting the leak for 16 days before we got it back fixed. The leak was in the driver's side firewall (actually in 2 places of the driver's firewall) and they sealed the leak and replaced all the carpeting.
I'm amazed at how this issue has remained for so long over the years, from what I've seen on the net and this forum, but apparently even in the 2016 model it has not been corrected. When a problem of this length and consistency exists, it is clearly either a design/production flaw or both.
I beleive that Acura should recall the MDXs and repair this. I do want to give props to the local dealer Ferman Acura, for doing such a great job, and providing excellent customer care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 MDX and I've been chasing a leak that soaks my floors for a little over a year now. Every time I think I have it fixed...SURPRISE...NO! Here's what I figured out so far.
I believe that the water is getting in because of plugged sunroof drains(front) I figured that out by first running a thick gauge weed eater line down the drain tube until I hit resistance. Thinking that I had hit a wad of debris, I poured 36 ounces of soapy water, slowly into the drain tube. And then went back to using the weed eater line to try to make it through the plugged up debris. No such luck. Instead what I found was all the water I had poured down the drain tube was now collected on my floors. Awesome...NOT! Well, hey at least the floor smelled good from the small amount of dawn dish soap. I used my carpet shampooer to once again suck the water out of my carpet/floor and continued to search online for answers. What a frustrating pain in the butt!
I came across a site that said the MDX drains can collapse if they're the car is subjected to high temperatures. There had been some hot weather here in Oregon. and the temps stayed in the hundreds for weeks at a time. I tried using a small gauge wire to hopefully unclog the drain line, with again no l uck.
So now after reading another guys account of chasing a drain leak where I learned that he exposed the bottom part of the drain and then did some troubleshooting and found that the drain had collapsed. So I will order the parts and then attempt to replace both front drains. Hopefully, that will fix the issue. If it doesn't, well then I have some words for Acura! They're not going to be pretty! Thanks for listening to my rant! I appreciate it! I'll let you all know how thist fix went.
thanks!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have a 2006 MDX and I've been chasing a leak that soaks my floors for a little over a year now. Every time I think I have it fixed...SURPRISE...NO! Here's what I figured out so far.
I believe that the water is getting in because of plugged sunroof drains(front) I figured that out by first running a thick gauge weed eater line down the drain tube until I hit resistance. Thinking that I had hit a wad of debris, I poured 36 ounces of soapy water, slowly into the drain tube. And then went back to using the weed eater line to try to make it through the plugged up debris. No such luck. Instead what I found was all the water I had poured down the drain tube was now collected on my floors. Awesome...NOT! Well, hey at least the floor smelled good from the small amount of dawn dish soap. I used my carpet shampooer to once again suck the water out of my carpet/floor and continued to search online for answers. What a frustrating pain in the butt!
I came across a site that said the MDX drains can collapse if they're the car is subjected to high temperatures. There had been some hot weather here in Oregon. and the temps stayed in the hundreds for weeks at a time. I tried using a small gauge wire to hopefully unclog the drain line, with again no l uck.
So now after reading another guys account of chasing a drain leak where I learned that he exposed the bottom part of the drain and then did some troubleshooting and found that the drain had collapsed. So I will order the parts and then attempt to replace both front drains. Hopefully, that will fix the issue. If it doesn't, well then I have some words for Acura! They're not going to be pretty! Thanks for listening to my rant! I appreciate it! I'll let you all know how thist fix went.
thanks!
See attached diagram. The outlet of the drainlines is a one way valve that turns 90 degrees (from diagram). This would block your nylon trim string. I think these outlets are located behind the wheel "mudflap". Suggest accessing lower end and confirming integrity of check valve (usually a rubber flap that allows one way flow).

good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi MesaBeige,

I would LOVE a copy of what you have for Acura as I am taking my car to the dealer this afternoon.

Any last minute advice as to how to deal with Acura?

I am hoping this will be an okay experience, as I love the car and want to continue to be an Acura customer.

Thank you so much for any information!
Having the same problem and would love a copy of your docs to take with me to the dealer this week. Big time saver. Thanks for the offer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
have had mdx for three months. have thud in front right when hit pot holes; and now have been seeing water accumulate in front passenger side floor, both the carpet and floor mat get soaking wet. have brought the car to service last month. they said they water tested car and found no leaks they also said they did not know what caused thud. now they have agreed to replace front struts but still no answer for wet floor. at first i thought i might have had window open a bit during car wash. but every heavy rain, floor is wet. any ideas as to cause? acura has not been much help
My floor gets wet on both sides in the front passenger and driver side for no reason and now my CPU is out and that seems to have got some kind of water damage on it don't know where the water is coming in from

·
Registered
1 Posts
Passenger side of the truck of my 2003 Acura MDX is leaking water I opened it to see why it leaking but can’t find were it’s leaking can I get some help

161 - 171 of 171 Posts