Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Have a 06 with 203k thats been giving me frustrating misfires for the past few months. The cars been in the family since 17k so I know everything thats ever been done. The car will only misfire at an idle or near to it. You can drive the car on the highway for hours and it'll never misfire but the second you slow down around 40 and the rpms drop the check engine light will start to flash and sometimes it won't until your at or near to stopping. the first 15 or so seconds after staring the car especially cold will grant in no misfire and smooth running but let it idle and it progressively runs worse until you get the flashing light. sitting in drive if the light starts to flash you can get it to go away by accelerating very hard or WOT and will disappear by 3,500rpm. random misfires on 2 4 and 5 only checked misfire counter to confirm. what we have checked so far, compression-perfect across the board, valve lash, spark plugs, coils, egr and ports, map sensor voltage, fuel pressure, I've run multiple fuel injector cleaners through, pcv valve, used HDS to reset and relearn CKP, cleaned throttle body and reset ECU/PCM and performed idle relearn might be forgetting something. I suspect its an idle control issue but just don't know what because after cleaning throttle body and resetting ECU/PCM (which is the last thing we did)with HDS car ran better than ever and the misfires suddenly disappeared after running for a few minutes and wouldn't come back until driving on highway for 1 hour then returned once got off highway. And if you rev the car up the idle doesn't settle like its suppose to at least not fast enough it gets hung up to high sometimes but will go to where it should. Also on the HDS it was in "learning" and "not completed" for idle and we couldn't get that to show as completed even after reset and idle relearn. any help would be greatly appreciated because me and the others who have helped so far have become very frustrated with the car lol.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Sometimes relearning takes quite a few cold-hot-cold cycles to complete, so that could be normal. If it was a single cylinder, I'd suggest swapping around injectors and/or coils to see if the problem follows one or the other. With multiple misfires on cylinders on both sides of the engine (and more importantly, on separate fuel rails), it's hard to imagine, but it IS possible that you might have some sort of odd injector blockage. So it might still be worth swapping at least a pair of injectors on the front bank (easier to get to) to see if it makes a difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts