Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Received my MDX today. What can i say ... I am speechless. I am now one of you who is extremely happy with that truck

Message to admin. Tried to rate dealer "Accura of Barrie" but it is not available as the selection in the drop-down listbox. Would it be possible to add that?

Cheers,
Mike123

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hey Mike, welcome aboard! Congrats on the new X, let us know the colors, fine details, and maybe a pic or two.

Always good to see some new X's in the fold... :D:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congratulations!

If your experience is anything like mine - you will remain speechless!! This is truly a wonderful vehicle!:D I baby mine so much that I have yet to drive it in the rain.....:eek:. Oh well, now everyone (not just VA Tech Hokie) knows how anal I am about this car/truck!;)

Let us know what specs you chose. Hope you have a great few first days!:D

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Best of Luck

I'm sure you'll love in in every aspect. If it's not a lease try to break it in for the first 1000 miles. After that then go wild, in the long run if you own it, it will pay off. Try to keep under 55 mph and vary rpm's when driving, it may be difficult but IMHO it's worth it. Once I hit the 1000 miles, I then took it to 110 mph and drives great! Try to hold back if you can.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!
I've got black with black trim, Side Sport Bars, Body Side Mouldings, Wheel Locks. However it is a leased truck i am intending to take a good care of it. Thank you Paul123 for providing a valuable input, as i wasn't sure whether it needed a brake-in period

Mike123

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Best of Luck

paul123 said:
I'm sure you'll love in in every aspect. If it's not a lease try to break it in for the first 1000 miles.
Paul,
I have both purchased and leased vehicles in my day, and treat fine machinery the same way. I could not in all fairness mistreat a vehicle (save a few rentals along the way). Given all that, I know where you are coming from. :)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: Break-in period

See the Manual - it gives very explicit breakin points.

You can also Search (breakin / break-in) as this has been discussed in depth before.

Congratulations and Good Luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is right, it's been discussed in this forum before. Thank you msu79gt82 for TIP

Mike123

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Best of Luck

paul123 said:
Try to keep under 55 mph and vary rpm's when driving, it may be difficult but IMHO it's worth it.
Do you think it's that necessary to keep it under 55? Under 55 for the first 200 miles I would agree, so the tires can break in too, and easy on the brakes for at least the same number of miles.
But for the engine, isn't the RPMs more important?
It would seem prudent to keep RPMs under 3000, and varied.
Cruising at 65 and slowing to 55, then slowly back to 60-65, etc. every few minutes would seem to do the same thing.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
See the manual

The manual warns against hard accelleration and hard braking, but there is not a real speed limit mentioned.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I understand, and would not take 'varying speeds' meaning it's ok to go between 70 to 90. Not on a new vehicle. But such high gearing at 5th gear, 55-65 is really loafing. Especially on a California highway. I figure using that range I have at least a chance of staying in a No. 2 or No. 3 lane, and not deal with ramp traffic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts