Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm... can this happen?

Dealer swaps for a NBP before it is made.
Dealer says somebody else took it, computer error... somebody else ordered before us for a NBP... Therefore, they get priority?

Can that happen? Any dealers wanna respond? Also, anyone here from the Cleveland area? Let me know!

·
Registered
191 Posts
There are dealers who will bump you if they can get a better price than that quoted to you. Get a vin number for your X.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do i just ask for it?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
A similar thing happened to me.

I originally ordered from a dealer in So. Oregon. Dealer told me a Black/Touring/Non-Nav was being shipped and would arrive on about May 25th. I put down a $1000 deposit.

He called three days later and said it was a mistake, the one he had coming in was really a TW. TW was not one of my choices for colors.

I had talked to other dealers before placing an order and was able to find in Portland a black/touring/non-navi that would arrive the last of May. I cancelled the order with the first dealer and ordered from the Portland dealer.

Then I found this site while looking for accessories. After reading posts here I decided that the navigation system was right for me, cancel again, and reordered with the navi. Received it on My 31.

I have ordered 3 MDX's, wonder if that is the record?

I have always wondered if the first dealer was telling the truth. He may have had a better offer over MSRP, or someone wanted many of the overpriced accessories, and sold the black MDX to another customer.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but he is telling me this like the day before i am supposed to get it... and supposedly someone in michigan got it cuz they had their order first... but it didnt show up in the comp or something...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was worried when my X didn't show up when specified. Dealer called and said 5 were ordered and 4 came in. Mine was supposedly "on a different truck". I figured the dealer at the first stop talked the driver into dropping it their. Luckily I was wrong and it arrived a couple of days later.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi BaldEagle:
I have ordered 3 MDX's, wonder if that is the record?
___Nope ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
BLACK-BLING-MDX said:
but he is telling me this like the day before i am supposed to get it... and supposedly someone in michigan got it cuz they had their order first... but it didnt show up in the comp or something...
Another dirt bag dealer, I would call Acura Customer Service and complain!

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
and the Better Business Bureau

·
Registered
66 Posts
After reading acuramdx.org for a while I learned to ask for a VIN. It took me a while to get it but eventually I did.

Two weeks before delivery the sales guy didn't have it and I kept wondering if it was coming. Eventually it all worked out.

Bottom line, demand a VIN #

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you all for your help... but what will Acura Customer Service do? Can they do anything? and the BBB? I just want my X!!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
xcel said:
:2:

But this may be a record for you, your shortest post ever that I can recall. :19: (being short for words is not something you are known for here)

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
BLACK-BLING-MDX said:
thank you all for your help... but what will Acura Customer Service do? Can they do anything? and the BBB? I just want my X!!!
As MonsterDX suggested... Get the VIN # on paper..

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If i complain to Acura Customer Service or the BBB... wouldnt that hurt my relationship with the dealership to get service done? that is all i am worried about...

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
BLACK-BLING-MDX,

Sounds like you're not getting good service now...so what have you got to lose?:confused:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Black–Bling–MDX:

___You could always ask Jamie Stockman? He has tracked hundreds of X’s for other members from the dealer order to the VIN and if the dealer is pulling a fast one, his information will put the question to bed once and for all.

___BaldEagle,
But this may be a record for you, your shortest post ever that I can recall. :19: (being short for words is not something you are known for here)
Yep :12:

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
These antics do not surprise me in the least. Order from another dealer. This one doesn't deserve your hard earned money. I am sure another dealer will be more than happy to accomodate you and make your purchase unbelievably pleasant:).....HAHA did I say that.... buyer beware....I HATE DEALERS!!!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Holy cow....That was quick MDXXXX.....Almost like you knew I couldn't hold back on this one huh??:) :) :)

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
hockeyplayer said:
Holy cow....That was quick MDXXXX.....Almost like you knew I couldn't hold back on this one huh??:) :) :)
Thats right... I just had a feeling! :2:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts