Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally recieved my MDX yesterday after over 1 and a half weeks in transit.
Overall I am very pleased with this vehicle but have a few issues and questions?

First when I put the X in reverse only the passenger mirror pans down. Shouldn't both do so?

Also when I am at idle there is a rattle sound coming from the front of the engine, sounds like the fan clutch that engages and disengages the fan. Does anyone elses' MDX sound like this?

I am actaully pleased with the Bose system, it sounds a lot better than the vehicle I test drove last month. Could they have made some mid-year changes to the system?

Thanks
Josh

·
Super Moderator
1,909 Posts
Keller said:
Finally recieved my MDX yesterday after over 1 and a half weeks in transit.
Overall I am very pleased with this vehicle but have a few issues and questions?

First when I put the X in reverse only the passenger mirror pans down. Shouldn't both do so?

Also when I am at idle there is a rattle sound coming from the front of the engine, sounds like the fan clutch that engages and disengages the fan. Does anyone elses' MDX sound like this?

I am actaully pleased with the Bose system, it sounds a lot better than the vehicle I test drove last month. Could they have made some mid-year changes to the system?

Thanks
Josh
Josh,

NO, the TOURING model only tilt the passenger mirror down. NOT both of them.

My 'X sounds really quiet when it is idling while I have all my windows closed. You might want your dealer check it out.

Touring model has BOSE audit system. Most of the dealer has the premium model for the test drive. This is why the audio system sounds different between the car your purchase and the car you did the test drive.
:D
- JTM

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Keller said:

.... when I am at idle there is a rattle sound coming from the front of the engine, sounds like the fan clutch that engages and disengages the fan. Does anyone elses' MDX sound like this?

I am actaully pleased with the Bose system, ..........

Thanks
Josh
Concerning the tilt down mirror---If you don't want it to tilt put the mirror switch in either the driver or passenger setting. It will only tilt when in the middle.

Noise at idle----Have the dealer check it out. Mine is so quiet that I have the concern about turning the ignition switch to start while it is already running. I almost did this while the dealer was going thru the orientation with me.

Bose sound---Like you I have been very happy with the sound. Perhaps my expectations were lowered after reading others complain on this forum.

How do you like your X so far?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys:D
I guess I find the Bose to be OK because I have been driving sports cars for the past 8 years and I have cared very little about sound quality of speakers during that time, now when I was a little younger it was a different story. I guess I was just expecting it to sound bad and it doesn't.

I will have the dealer check that noise although it has subsided a little since yesterday.
So far I love the X. I do miss my car but I coulnd't think of a better way to be more responsible in my car buying decision. More room for a dog and kids when we decide to have them that is;) Good quality, resonable price, the list goes on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts