Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my video setup: Sony XVM-R75 7" flip down motorized monitor. TFT-LCD active matrix display. Has 3 AV inputs, 1 AV output, 2 headphone output terminal and IR transmitter for cordless headphones.

Hooked to Sony Playstation2 under passenger seat. Cassette adapter running to stock radio unit. Good sound.

Power to Playst2 comes from 2 outlet power inverter, inside lower storage area in center console.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fairly thin when closed. Looks stock with the housing almost same color as headliner.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent resolution.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from the 3rd row. You can see it great.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Playstation2 under passenger seat. There's alot of room in there, it fits without a problem. Its attach to the floor with velcro. It has never skipped, even in very bumpy, rough roads. Ive memorized the position of the front buttons, and I can easily reach under the front of the seat, and turn it on and change the movies, even while driving!(I always try to stop to do it, though).

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the 2d row.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of the time I run the sound thru the cassete adapter. Sounds pretty good. Sometimes, my wife and I want to hear some music while the kids play games, and we connect 2 headphones to the monitor for the kids. I'll buy IR headphones in the future (I think they run about $100-120:eek: each ). I love the setup and highly recommend it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks really great!

Any estimate of the total cost? (Did you install it yourself?)

Do you feel at all nervous about driving in some conditions without being able to use the rearview mirror?

Thanks, Louise

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
rlm32,

That looks really great!! The screen is soooo slick!! I also like the position of the PS2, since it's well hidden. Did you do the install yourself?

For the wireless headsets, try www.theautoaccessories.com or www.savinglots.com , real good prices, I think as low as $19.99...

Logitech is coming out with 2.4Ghz wireless controllers soon in September, that's supposed to last 50 hours of playtime. It should help with the clutter, and will serve as a great remote for you to control what you kids see!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your comments. Yeah, I love the way the monitor looks. The thing I like the most, it looks very stock when closed, so hopefully won't attract undesirable attention. The monitor I bought at Best Buy,on sale for about $895 IIRC and installation was about $40. The PS2 was $200.They ran the cables under the B pillar plastic. It comes with a nice small box that has the AV inputs ;they attached it to the plastic underneath the seat. They did a good job.

I installed the Playstation2 myself. I just connected the AV inputs, ran the power cord next to the seat to the inverter inside the center console and ran the 2 Playstation controller cords under the seat to the 2d row, so the cables come out under the back of the passenger seat. I used a audio to cassette adapter. The controller cords are plenty long. All cables are hardly noticeable.

The monitor blocks some of the view in the rearview ( a square in the middle of the field of view, about 30-40%), but I adjusted easily to it. I still can see the vehicle behind me.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wireless Headphones

If interested in some wireless headphones, I have two of the Audiovox from my setup which I have never used. I hardwired my monitor output to the cd changer cable and the headphones are useless to me since I have to listen through my car audio speakers.

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very nice! Sony sure makes beautifully designed electronics. They always look slick and sophisticated.

Here's a stupid question...
Being new here, I don't know where the B/C pillar is. Can anybody please explain. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Looking at the MDX from its side, starting from the front, where the winshield is connected, that's the A pillar. Behind front windows, B pillar. Behind second row seats, C pillar, D pillar is connected to the tailgate.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks! Is that in the manual? At least now I understand more clearly. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
PS2 for dvd movies

This might be a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. I'm not familiar with the ps2 controls, but would like one for my future video installation. Does the ps2 come with a remote to control the movies/dvd functions, or is it controlled via the game controllers? Can the controller functions be easily accessed by the driver & the rear seat passengers?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Re: PS2 for dvd movies

DaveI said:
This might be a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. I'm not familiar with the ps2 controls, but would like one for my future video installation. Does the ps2 come with a remote to control the movies/dvd functions, or is it controlled via the game controllers? Can the controller functions be easily accessed by the driver & the rear seat passengers?
The ps2 does not come with a remote control, however you can control all the DVD functions using the game controller. However, you can buy a separate remote with a receiver for an additional $10 - $20. The receiver plugs into where the controller would plug in and the remote will work like a normal remote.

On the other hand, Logitech is coming out with a 2.4GHZ cordless controller, so you don't have to point the controller at the PS2 to use it since it uses radio frequencies just like a cordless phone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
headphones 4 Sony flipdown monitor

Question re: IR wireless headphones..
For the Sony flip down monitors, would any(brand) ir wireless headphones work or does it have to be Sony ?

Thank you :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts