Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my MDX to Streeteffectz this Thursday and will be doing the following:

- Modify Pioneer AVC-RGB1 to take video input
- Install DVD under the driver's seat
- Install a 7" flip down screen for the second row seats
- Install audio interface into the stock system
- Install a TV Tuner and diversity antennae with 3 inputs and 2 outputs
- Install a backup camera triggered by shifting to reverse. The video from camera will also be split so one of the 3 TV Tuner inputs would also be dedicated to the camera.
- Install a set of AV inputs and power inverter outlets into the back of the center console
- The three inputs of the TV tuner will be for the DVD player, backup camera, and the center console A/V inputs.
- Center console A/V inputs will be used for occasional PS/2, camcorder, and potentially in the future a "baby" camera (don't have kids yet).

I will post pics of the "materials" and install as they are available.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, wrong place...

TheWorm, admin, or Tim:

I meant to post this under Audio and Video, could you please move me there? Sorry for putting it in the wrong place.

·
Registered
88 Posts
this sounds so great!!! did you have to buy everything yourself? if so can you give more details on this. looking forward to get more information and pics too ;)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most of the items I am buying myself, except for the switcher to interface with the factory sound.

They are:

- Pioneer AVC-RGB1 (not available anywhere, I don't think) $120 from www.tms-electronics.com

- Power Acoustik PADVD-80 from www.lightav.com $189

- TView FDRM7002 from www.five-stars.com (supposedly, the smallest flip-down 7 inch available, it is very small) $266

- Santeca ST1000 tuner from www.lightav.com $199

- Santeca CDM-301 backup camera from www.lightav.com $145

- Tripp-Lite 300Watt power inverter with 2 outlets from buy.com $45

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
MDXtrous said:
I'm taking my MDX to Streeteffectz this Thursday and will be doing the following:

- Modify Pioneer AVC-RGB1 to take video input
- Install DVD under the driver's seat
- Install a 7" flip down screen for the second row seats
- Install audio interface into the stock system
- Install a TV Tuner and diversity antennae with 3 inputs and 2 outputs
- Install a backup camera triggered by shifting to reverse. The video from camera will also be split so one of the 3 TV Tuner inputs would also be dedicated to the camera.
- Install a set of AV inputs and power inverter outlets into the back of the center console
- The three inputs of the TV tuner will be for the DVD player, backup camera, and the center console A/V inputs.
- Center console A/V inputs will be used for occasional PS/2, camcorder, and potentially in the future a "baby" camera (don't have kids yet).

I will post pics of the "materials" and install as they are available.
I'm very interested in seeing the outcome of this project. I've been think about the same mod's but nervious on where to go and how it would look. This place your going to has been highly reccommended for this type of modification. Post some pic's once complete and let us know how it went. Look forward to an update.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics

I dropped off my car today with Ron at www.streeteffectz.com . Definitely a great guy. Very up front. He really knows what he is doing.

I won't get the finished install until tomorrow evening, so I just wanted to post some pics of the stuff I got for the install. Please note that these items are a result of approximately 6 months of research to get the best product for the best price. As I was looking, it was hard to get very detailed information. So hopefully this will help everyone that is considering a similar install.

Well, the first pic is of the infamous Pioneer AVC-RGB1 that has already been discontinued. I was fortunate enough after searching tons of sites to have found a e-tailer that had one left.
This is used for the Navi conversion so that the screen can take video input.

On the Acura-TL.com forum, there is a thread of an alternative the original VideoNavi guy is working on. Well, here it is:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AVC-RGB1 cost $120

AVC-RGB1 cost $120

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rear flip-down screen

This is a rear flip-down screen. It's supposed to be the smallest 7 inch flip down screen in the world. I think it's only 7 x 6 x 1. Even Ron was impressed with the small size. It's loaded with features, including a 1440 x 234 resolution, two video inputs, dome lights, mirror image, 4:3, 16:9 selection, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's my wife's hand

Just to give you an idea of the size

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Screen 3

See the two inputs, one white, one yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Screen 4

My wife's hand again:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Screen "manual"

Here you'll find some of the screen functions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Santeca ST-1000 tuner

The tuner with 3 inputs and 2 outputs with built in FM Modulator.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tuner outputs

Pic 2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tuner with antenna

Tuner with one of two diversity antennae (supposedly much better than the DVD players with built in antenna outputs) and reomte.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Power Acoustik PADVD-80 player

Power Acoustik DVD player. Plays DVD/VCD/MP3 files, anti-skip, inputs and outputs. It has a very nice polished aluminum (not plastic) face plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another pic of DVD player

Another view

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DVD again

My wife's hand again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Features of the DVD

Can't be more exhaustive than this. It's hard to find this information on the internet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Remote for the DVD

Very thin, and very nice color. You won't find what it looks like anywhere on the Internet. Even the Power Acoustik site does not have it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 255 Posts