Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome! I would suggest going with a full-size spare if yours didn't come with one at all. Depending on your region, a set of steelies w/ Winter tires for the snow. Since you do have a base, I suggest adding a remote start (highly suggest factory) for those cold mornings.
I have a 2019 MDX w/Technology package that came with the Remote Start standard. It is really great on those cold mornings - and this past winter we had some really cold days in January and February. I wanted to add a full size spare for my car since it has the can of "flat fix", but according to Acura the spare tire kit is no longer available. I was very disappointed that they are no longer offering this for my car. I have really enjoyed my MDX - I bought it new and so far it has 23,000+ trouble free miles.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,111 Posts
I have a 2019 MDX w/Technology package that came with the Remote Start standard. It is really great on those cold mornings - and this past winter we had some really cold days in January and February. I wanted to add a full size spare for my car since it has the can of "flat fix", but according to Acura the spare tire kit is no longer available. I was very disappointed that they are no longer offering this for my car. I have really enjoyed my MDX - I bought it new and so far it has 23,000+ trouble free miles.
No longer available??? I contacted the dealer that backs AcuraOEMParts.com (Delray Acura) which is close to me and they said its on back order, like almost every single car part in this world.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new vehicle! I think you'll be very satisfied with your purchase......

I always tint my windows so tinted front 2 windows and a strip at top of windshield. Also had clear film installed on front hood/bumper/fenders, a pillar, rear view mirrors, top strip of roof between moonroof and windshield, door handle cups, door edges and top of rear bumper. While it's expensive, Acura paint isn't super durable and not very thick so it chips easily.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I agree with you about the paint. Even though my car came with the protective paint film, it still has some little pits on the front bumper. There have been no problems with the paint on the sides of the car, hood, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No longer available??? I contacted the dealer that backs AcuraOEMParts.com (Delray Acura) which is close to me and they said its on back order, like almost every single car part in this world.

I generally use the Acura eStore website to order parts which are shipped to my dealer for pick-up or installation. The last time I checked (which was several months ago), the website stated that the spare tire kit was not available. After posting this and seeing your response, I checked today and it appears that the part is available again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What do you guys use to clean or take care of leather in the mdx tech?
I usually use either Mothers Leather care or Meguiars Gold Class leather cleaner. There are a number of good products out there, but these two are high quality products that are available at most local auto supply chains. It is also good to have some good quality microfiber cloths - one to clean and one to polish the leather.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Similarly, how about getting rid of bug splatter?
I generally use a product from the Turtle Wax folks called "Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover." It comes in a spray bottle and will last a long time since it doesn't take much to work. Again, I use a good quality micro-fiber cloth to apply it. The product is available at most auto supply places.

·
Registered
159 Posts
OP: Welcome to the MDX world. Even at base model MDX is a great vehicle and reliable.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Just because you don't like certain mods doesn't mean others are wrong for doing them. To each their own
I agree - they're individual decisions - and there's nothing wrong with whatever that decision is. I have no problem with any mod you did to your MDX.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,111 Posts
But I still think fog lights are unneeded for the MDX so it's best for one to wait on that to see how the MDX headlights behave and then decide if they think fogs are necessary, unless one wants them for the decorative effect. The factory fog lights are also expensive.

I just don't see why anyone thinks the windows aren't already tinted enough unless it's a difference between my trim (tech) and the base but your Advance is bound to have reasonably tinted windows as factory. To each their own.
I'm gonna agree with you on the factory fog lights. Gotta spend at least $1k in parts alone. Tint on the other hand is subjective. I still believe my MDX is a fishbowl with legal tint limits on front windows and rear privacy glass.

·
Super Moderator
1,968 Posts
I wanted to add a full size spare for my car since it has the can of "flat fix", but according to Acura the spare tire kit is no longer available. I
I got my tire kits from Bernardi last November. Looks like it is still available for purchase.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got my tire kits from Bernardi last November. Looks like it is still available for purchase.

Thanks for the reference to Bernardi Parts. I was not aware of this company, but plan to get a spare tire kit. When I said it was no longer available, I was referring to the "official" Acura parts website.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I would search for "out of stock" or "discontinued" parts on eBay. Sometimes dealership list those kinds of parts there you won't find on a regular Google search. I would also go down to the Acura dealership and talk to the parts department because they might have access to part(s) in the big warehouse in the sky. I needed to replace my 06 TSX Carbon Pearl Gray front Aspec bumper after front end damage back in 2014. I found the same "out of stock" or "discontinued" on my Google searches. Called my Acura dealership and he had the exact one I needed in the warehouse with free shipping.

Reactions: txredhead56

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,111 Posts
Talk about out of stock parts, the Acura dealer (its finance and service department is in a Honda dealer) that we bought our MDX apparently had a side mirror in Satin Silver in stock for our Accord, while we had the dealer to install some acessories.

@txredhead56 Also look at Acuraoemparts. Its a FL dealer and I got an email stating my order is being processed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Talk about out of stock parts, the Acura dealer (its finance and service department is in a Honda dealer) that we bought our MDX apparently had a side mirror in Satin Silver in stock for our Accord, while we had the dealer to install some acessories.

@txredhead56 Also look at Acuraoemparts. Its a FL dealer and I got an email stating my order is being processed.

Thanks for the info - it's good to have this for future reference.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts