Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How I got my MDX. I was 15 in October and my birthday is December 13. I was looking around. For quite sometime. I have always wanted a Supra but my parents said hell no to that one. Then i was looking into a Prelude Sh Type and then i would add some speical upgrades to make that thing fly but my parents also said no. They said Only a SUV or a Truck becuase it was my first car. One day I was browsing and I came across the Acura MDX. The Thing that made my Eyes open was the VTEC hehe. I love me some VTEC. So i went to go look at one. Love at first site. The BMW X-5 cost like 10G's more than a Acura Mdx with the same options. The Mercedes M-Class is just ugly to me. Since then I have got so many comments about my Acura and I just love it. My favorite is what happened. Did a Honda Oddessy run over a Integra Type R? I was like yes. One think I wish my car came with a Tiptronic transmission thou. Do ya'll have stories about how you came to get your cars?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
My story...

Needed a replacement for an aging/too many problems Grand Cherokee.

Looked at the M-class, but the second row seats were too small, and even worse for the third row "option". Loved the Tiptronic though.

Looked at X5, but absolutely no trunk space and absolutely too much money. It is the ultimate driving machine, with the driver feeling like he's in a cockpit.

MDX had everything I wanted, almost, and I got it in Feb.

No gift from dad and mom (JL889 you're so forutnate), and I'm laboring hard to make my monthly payments for another 5 years;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
JL886
What is the Tenzo Exhaust? I am very interested.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tenzo R Exhaust

I put a tenzo R Exhaust on my Mdx becuase i wanted the sound and hte look of a import. It ran me 189 plus a 30 dollar installtion fee. Its a Tenzo R Muffler I have pictures of it in the gallery if you wanna see what it looks like

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Tenzo R Exhaust

JL889 said:
I put a tenzo R Exhaust on my Mdx becuase i wanted the sound and hte look of a import. It ran me 189 plus a 30 dollar installtion fee. Its a Tenzo R Muffler I have pictures of it in the gallery if you wanna see what it looks like
You only have a picture of the tail pipes.
Can you show us the intake system? Did you adapt a std. 4 cyl. vtec to the 3.5?
Have any idea of any HP gains with these mods?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey

Well Its night time over here so i can't get a good picture of it. I will take a picture of it tomarrow for ya'll. But it does add horsepower. and also makes your car lighter. Maybe 20 HP. I don't quite know haven't got to borrow my friends G-tec Pro yet. I'll get ya'll a update as soon as i get it. But i recommend it A+. Makes your car Faster and Sound Import. Someone even thought my MDX was a turbo because of the way the Exhaust sounded.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
To Joe's parents:

... give Joe a big brother (and a big sister and a niece too) --

<h1> ADOPT MY FAMILY </h1>

·
Registered
106 Posts
Adopt my son, too

Joe,
Please ask your parents to adopt my son, too. The poor kid is only 6 years old, but he already knows that the only car he will ever get by-right/free will be the 1986 GTI sitting on our driveway. That was his daddy's first "real" car, and we are saving it for him when he grows up. Otherwise, he will pretty much have to work and save up his pennys to pay for his car, its insurance, gas and maintenance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey

Hey, I already got alitte brother that has a WRX in his mind. He is only 12 and he is ready and has all the performance upgrades on a sheet. I had to pay half of my MDX. The money that I was going to use to get the Prelude when to the MDX. ITs OK thou cause I am completely satisfied with my MDX. I worked when I was a child always dreaming for that speed machine. Well I got something like it. Hehe oh well. Just starta Saving and ya know the $$ comes around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to let you know, especially on the engine on this car. It's probably not gonna give you close to 10 HP with intake and exhaust. Not to bash or anything, but exhaust and intake are mainly for show, unless you have a high flow intake with cold air box and an ECU upgrade. Out of curiosity, do a lot of you put exhausts and intake on an SUV?! Odd, if you ask me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey

Who knows I may have. Like I said it helps out. I had a factory airbox with a K&N in it. Plus the Acura MDX is a ULEV car so it has tons of things to make it more enviromentally sound. I tihnk takeing off that exhuast helped. The Facotry Exhaust is so heavy and has such restrictive flow. I added that Tenzo and the Intake and it seems like there is less restriction in my car. Plus with all those upgrades I could beat a V6 mustand pretty badly when before i could only barely beat it. So i know i dropped my 0-60 time alittle. I just like to be different ya know. O well hehe

-Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea, i totally know what you mean. I drive a fixed up car too, i like to be unique like everyone else! Anyways, here is the rule of thumb, for every 50 hp, you drop , i think it's a 0.1 sec off your quarter mile.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
GsNav said:
Yea, i totally know what you mean. I drive a fixed up car too, i like to be unique like everyone else! Anyways, here is the rule of thumb, for every 50 hp, you drop , i think it's a 0.1 sec off your quarter mile.
Should it be 5hp or 1sec?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts