Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the waiting,my SBP arrived yesterday-and I left it at the lot.

Why?

The Quartz interior didn't work at all for me. Just my opinion.
All of the styling is so very good, but they went with the 2 tone
quartz interior, which does NOT work with the wood panels at all.

No longer looks refined. Wish they offered Ebony-it would be a perfect combo with the SBP, which is a great color.

On to find a SS/Ebony.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You mean you ordered an X, then rejected it when you saw it?:eek: I haven't seen the new Quartz interior yet, so have nothing to compare with. I have the Saddle interior, and while I disliked it at first (before I got the car), now I LOVE it!!! Perfect complement to Midnight Blue Pearl. So, what are you going to do now? Are you waiting to order another one? Or are you going to wait til next year's model comes out and hope that the Sagebrush Pearl is paired with Ebony?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I can't believe it either.
I love everything about the car, but it's a lot of money and a long term commitment, so I want it to be perfect.

As I said the exterior is stunning, but the interior is just "off" IMHO,
specifically next to the wood panels. I think they made a mistake.

Though I do believe that I am not the only one who will feel this way, and that Acura will release the SBP with Ebony interior later this year in response to people like me, I can't wait.

I'll be hunting down a SS/Ebony Touring package tomorrow, and from my first few calls, I could have it as soon as 10 days from now.

I must say that I also like the way the SS/Ebony has essentially two colors in its pallette, both interior and exterior, and I think the whole thing holds together really well.

It's gotta feel right...

J

·
Registered
207 Posts
You are definitely right about that. Why get a car that, right off the bat, there is something "not right" with it? You are going to have the car for a long time, so everything must be (almost) perfect! While I can't imagine walking away from a BRAND NEW X, I understand your reasoning. Good luck with the SS/Ebony...let us know when you find one!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
SBP with quartz interior

Canceled my order for 03 SBP with quartz interior. The two-tone appearance of the interior was just awful. Will have to wait to something with either a saddle or ebony interior.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I understand...

swfongdds, jpmanis

I can't really blame you... I probably would have done the same. I'm very pleased with my ebony interior. Very elegant.:4:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Good luck w/the SS&ebony search. I knew when the first pics of the new two-tone interior were posted here (I haven't seen it in person) that it had the potential to be objectionable for some people. Moreso because it was a surprise two-tone...I think we were all assuming it'd be grey all around.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Quartz is Great (just not with SBP)

I'm biased!

I think my SS/Quartz looks great. There's lots of exterior black trim with silver, so the interior black trim with quartz is a pretty good match. Regarding the wood trim, yeah, I could live without it, but it's become part of the MDX persona. White/Quartz also looks great to me.

However, I agree with jpmanis. Although unseen, SBP/Quartz looks like it could be a mistake. Too many colors trying to stretch to match each other.

Don't bash the new Quartz interior, just bash the color blind Acura stylist(?) who made it mandatory with SBP.

We have 8 exterior colors and 3 interior colors now. Hey Acura, give us more exterior/interior combination choices.

Enjoying my SS/Quartz. :)

vcolangelo

·
Registered
619 Posts
you did the right thing. I know it must be hard, but when u are spending $40k+ u should have absolutely zero doubts about your decision.

I did the same thing in 2000, prior to the launch of the MDX, and had to wait for an extra 3 wks. I am glad i did it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think the SBP 'Quartz' interior in Canada is *all* grey.

I wonder if they might change the US model to match at some point?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Grey & Black & "Wood"

I love grey interiors but I have to submit:

A. The two-two division is garish like a taxi cab. What were they thinking?

B: That shade of wood grain, warm reddish yellow clashes with that shade of grey.

I am rethinking my color choice now. I like the SBP (a lot) but this interior kills it for me. Sorry to those who like it or have grown to love it. I am dissappointed.

I'll be looking closer at MBP and SS with the respective saddle and ebony interiors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It takes all kinds

I guess you never know. I took delivery of my SBP Touring/RES with Quartz interior on Saturday and couldn't be happier with it. To my eye the Ebony leather looked almost vinyl in its appearance, particularly in comparison with the high quality leather in my other car (97 BMW 5 series). For me the two-tone feature is a big plus - it's more distinctive than monochrome, and while I'm not wild about the fake wood in any of the color schemes it looks about as good to me with the grey as with the black.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
jpmanis said:
I must say that I also like the way the SS/Ebony has essentially two colors in its pallette, both interior and exterior, and I think the whole thing holds together really well.

It's gotta feel right...

J
Couldn't agree more;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quartz Interior Disappoints

Was waiting to see the SBP with Quartz interior before placing my order. Saw it yesterday and was extremely disappointed. The quartz interior is very light and does not resemble the color chip in the brochure at all. In fact, the color chip for the Starlight Silver exterior is a better match for the Quartz interior than the Quartz chip in the brochure. If the quartz were a light charcoal like the chip in my brochure I think it would be great, but it is way too light and it does not compliment the wood trim at all.

I'm sure from the posts I've seen not everyone will agree with me, but I think Acura blew it on this one and they need to give the rest of us another choice. I think Saddle would work fine with SBP. I guess this won't happen until they've satisifed their quantity obligations with the Quartz leather supplier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts