Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

I would like to review my 2017 MDX ADV SH_AWD

Prior to this , i had 2011 MDX AWD Base and 2014 AWD Base.

I BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE TWO MONTHS AGO AND THESE ARE BELOW MY OBSERVATIONS

Pros:
SEATS
LOOK OF THE CAR.
AIR CONDITION/HEATER.
LANE ASSISTANCE ALARM WORKS FINE
DISTANCE CONTROL/ACCIDENTAL PREVENTION : WORKS FINE.

Cons
CAR DOESN'T HAVE GOOD PICKUP. MILEAGE IS WORST IN THE CITY AND HIGHWAY.
Car has some issue after the start up, it kind of makes noises and gets a bump when we accelarate for the first time after the restart.
Engine Noises : when we slow down and when we accelerate engine makes noises and clanky noise
Maps : maps software is the worst, most of the address are not found in the system and using the maps is the worst. Voice controls doesn't understand what we say.
Radio : Sirius xm is good

STEARING ASSISTANCE DOESN'T WORK AND THE VEHICLE STEERS AWAY.
PARK : BREAK ASSITANCE WORKS FINE WHEN YOU USE IT, BUT THAN WHEN YOU REMOVE THE SEAT BELT SYSTEM GETS CONFUSE.

Center console: THIS IS THE WORST CENTER CONSOLE I HAVE EVER SEEN, ITS TOO BUGGY, TOO SLOW AND UN RESPONSIVE. IT TAKES 10 MINS TO COME TO NORMAL AND RESPONSIVE AFTER WE START THE VEHICLE. IF YOU ARE DRIVING IN THE CITY AND WANTS TO ENTER FEW NEW ADDRESSES JUST ASSUME HOW MUCH TIME YOU WILL BE WASTING IN WAITING TO ENTER THE ADDRESSSES AND IT TAKES FOREVER TO ENTER THE ADDRESS. NEW ADDRESS OF TWO YEARS OR LESS ARE NOT THERE IN THE SYSTEM.

MY CAR BATTERY DIED WITH IN TWO WEEKS AND I HAD TO CALL THE JUMPER GUY.

Result: I WOULD GIVE 1/10 TO THE SYSTEM, THIS CAR IS GARBAGE DO NOT BUY THIS.

2014 MDX WAS AN AMAZING VEHICLE I REALLY LIKED IT, I GOT 23MPG IN CITY AND 31 ON THE HIGHWAY, THE NEW MDX IS WORST.

IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK ME I WILL ANSWER

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cool story bro.
Really easy to read as well, you know, being in all caps and what not.

Did you not drive the vehicle prior to the purchase?

Reactions: weekendwarrior

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
This car has at least 2 seconds off your 2011 0 to 60... So I find pretty hard to believe that the "CAR DOESN'T HAVE GOOD PICKUP".

"The car feels and drives like 2011 mdx" Again there is no way in hell the 3G drives like a 2G, The 2G has better handling that the 3G. The 3G main selling point is its CRAZY 0 to 60 which rapes the 2011 one.

Reactions: MCDavis

·
Registered
96 Posts
I do have to agree that the 3G is quite quick for what it is...a 4200lb CUV. It's MUCH quicker than my previous vehicle which was VERY tuned and made well over 400hp and 450ft/lb...but that beast's issue was keeping traction.

OP, it seems like you may have some gremlins for sure, but why blast it here on the forum and give us all a chance to have fun with it? Why not approach your dealer with a calm understanding demeanor and have them address your "issues"

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey folks

I would like to review my 2017 MDX ADV SH_AWD

Prior to this , i had 2011 MDX AWD Base and 2014 AWD Base.

I BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE TWO MONTHS AGO AND THESE ARE BELOW MY OBSERVATIONS

Pros:
SEATS
LOOK OF THE CAR.
AIR CONDITION/HEATER.
LANE ASSISTANCE ALARM WORKS FINE
DISTANCE CONTROL/ACCIDENTAL PREVENTION : WORKS FINE.

Cons
Car has some issue after the start up, it kind of makes noises and gets a bump when we accelarate for the first time after the restart.
Engine Noises : when we slow down and when we accelerate engine makes noises and clanky noise
Maps : maps software is the worst, most of the address are not found in the system and using the maps is the worst. Voice controls doesn't understand what we say.

STEARING ASSISTANCE DOESN'T WORK AND THE VEHICLE STEERS AWAY.
PARK : BREAK ASSITANCE WORKS FINE WHEN YOU USE IT, BUT THAN WHEN YOU REMOVE THE SEAT BELT SYSTEM GETS CONFUSE.

Center console: THIS IS THE WORST CENTER CONSOLE I HAVE EVER SEEN, ITS TOO BUGGY, TOO SLOW AND UN RESPONSIVE. IT TAKES 10 MINS TO COME TO NORMAL AND RESPONSIVE AFTER WE START THE VEHICLE. IF YOU ARE DRIVING IN THE CITY AND WANTS TO ENTER FEW NEW ADDRESSES JUST ASSUME HOW MUCH TIME YOU WILL BE WASTING IN WAITING TO ENTER THE ADDRESSSES AND IT TAKES FOREVER TO ENTER THE ADDRESS. NEW ADDRESS OF TWO YEARS OR LESS ARE NOT THERE IN THE SYSTEM.

MY CAR BATTERY DIED WITH IN TWO WEEKS AND I HAD TO CALL THE JUMPER GUY.

2014 MDX WAS AN AMAZING VEHICLE I REALLY LIKED IT, I GOT 23MPG IN CITY AND 31 ON THE HIGHWAY, THE NEW MDX IS WORST.

IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK ME I WILL ANSWER
I own a 2017 MDX. Here is what I find.

Don't agree with "CAR DOESN'T HAVE GOOD PICKUP. MILEAGE IS WORST IN THE CITY AND HIGHWAY." My 17MDX gives 18.5 - 19 in city (I drive mostly in comfort mode and my foot is light). On Highway I have seen 24+MPG cruising @70MPH. I am sure if I do 60MPH it will be even better.

Never seen this issue "Car has some issue after the start up, it kind of makes noises and gets a bump when we accelarate for the first time after the restart."

My 17MDX engine makes a sweet noise when I accelerate (Yeahhhhh!). So I have not noticed any "Engine Noises : when we slow down and when we accelerate engine makes noises and clanky noise".

MAPS: I agree. Updates are Welcome. But I am happy with what I have. However, I have to say MDX needs a new updated interface for sure.

Don't agree "STEARING ASSISTANCE DOESN'T WORK AND THE VEHICLE STEERS AWAY.
PARK : BREAK ASSITANCE WORKS FINE WHEN YOU USE IT, BUT THAN WHEN YOU REMOVE THE SEAT BELT SYSTEM GETS CONFUSE."

Center console I have note seen any issues with startup. Address entering is fine not great but fine. Once you get used to it, its fine.

2017 MDX is one of very few 3row SUVs which is better looking. For the price you pay for features is certainly better value.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've finally had some time to digest this post, so I'm going to give it a valid effort now. I will preface this response by saying that I crossed shopped the MDX against a lot of vehicles...to name a few:
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum
2017 Infiniti QX60 & 70
2017 Mazda CX9

For me it's about driving experience. If the infotainment works (i.e. plays music via a thumbdrive and gives me turn by turn) then I'm completely satisfied. Call me a simpleton if you must, but it's a vehicle...I don't expect it to make me eggs and toast when I remote start it in the morning

Cons
Aside from the Explorer (twin turbo 3.5L) the MDX outshines the others I considered. The AWD is far superior without having selectable terrain features. 22.3 mpg average for me right now over 5200 miles. 19-20mpg on my 22 miles to and from work. 24-27 mpg highway depending upon the speed of travel.

The ZF transmission does not like being cold. The throttle is a bit touchy and the shifts are firm until heat is present in the transmission. What you're most likely seeing is your over-sensitivity to other issues in the car and thus not liking the cold behavior.

Do you have an accent? Do you mumble (I do...and speak too quickly). Have you ever had to say "YES" repeatedly when calling Verizon or another customer service company? Speak clearly and slowly...or use the AcuraLink app.

You had this listed as a con???

IF YOU ARE DRIVING IN THE CITY AND WANTS TO ENTER FEW NEW ADDRESSES JUST ASSUME HOW MUCH TIME YOU WILL BE WASTING IN WAITING TO ENTER THE ADDRESSSES AND IT TAKES FOREVER TO ENTER THE ADDRESS. NEW ADDRESS OF TWO YEARS OR LESS ARE NOT THERE IN THE SYSTEM.
You really should enlist the use of the AcuraLink phone app. You can send addresses to the car before you take off, and while you're moving...i.e. have your spouse send an address while you're driving. Or search for one at a stoplight. I have VERY FEW complaints about the AcuraLink services...aside from paying for them, but my previous Ford required subscription too. I need navigation probably once a week on average and have not yet entered an address via the car's touchscreen. The app helps. Get it.

You listed enough Pros to offset some of the Cons. You should rate it at least 4/10. Otherwise, go trade it in.

Reactions: vic bastige and 17X

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Well then you must feel that you're quite a fool for having purchased such an awful vehicle - especially when many of the items you shouted about are things easily checked beforehand. You said you had a 2014 prior to this that you really liked but the infotainment is essentially the same as the 2017 so if you found it so horrific to the point where you're recommending people not buy the vehicle ... why did 'you' buy it?

I agree with the above poster - if you have issues just take it to the dealer and have them fixed - have you done that?

And some hints to make your posts readable - don't use all caps and check your spelling ('brakes' not 'breaks', 'steering' not 'stearing', etc.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts