Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a digital camera and putting it thru it's paces . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
last one, this is the angle the competition will see . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Great looking X!!

Next to Black, the red was my second choice.

I think a nonpainted tailgate deflector would look awesome.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Damn, those pics are making me want to get a Manik Steps for our Red X much sooner than I want too! :eek:

Great pics! :2:

Did you put Zaino on it already?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Super nice looking color..... Are the windows really that dark or did you add some extra tint on them?

·
Registered
50 Posts
We've got the black powder coated factory steps on our Redrock...yours look better! Our steps were already on the car which was an order cancellation and available "immediately". I asked the dealer to remove the steps (and drop the $699 sticker adder), but he refused.

·
Registered
147 Posts
RedMDX said:
We've got the black powder coated factory steps on our Redrock...yours look better! Our steps were already on the car which was an order cancellation and available "immediately". I asked the dealer to remove the steps (and drop the $699 sticker adder), but he refused.
Got any pics you can posts, maybe an low side angle of the factory steps. BTW, are you still using Mobil 1 oil? Do you find any improvement in gas mileage because of it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
crete:

Sorry, no pics to post as I don't yet have a digital camera...it would make a great birthday gift!

As for the Mobil 1, it's only been 1 oil change (the first) so far, so yes I am still using it! Regarding gas mileage, I can honestly say that I have seen no noticeable improvement. It's more a piece of mind and engine life "thing" than a mileage improvement that drove me to use the premium oil. Qualatatively, the engine seems to rev a little more easily/freely than before the Mobil 1, but that is just my foot and ear feedback....nothing scientific! I'm sure that (some of) the rocket scientists on this board will disect and refute my comments regarding the perceived "improvements".....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice MDX - looks exactly like mine! I took delivery of a 2002 Touring W/ navi on 8/9 and put my Maniks on the day after. They look awesome - much nicer than the plastic OEM running boards.
My MDX arrived a month EARLY - kudos to Apple Acura of York PA for being extremely easy to work with!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I installed the OEM side steps, and actually like the black on the Redrock better than the silver (just my opinion).

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments . . .

Maik - next on the list is a painted rear deflector, am considering using the guy on ebay that some of the members have tried. I like the look of the black OEM - but if I can get color matched for the same price . . .

Voltes - believe it or not, it's the virgin factory finish. Not sure if I can devote the time & effort to be a zaino-holic. May hand wax every so often - haven't really decided on course of action.

Crete - it's the factory tint, could be that the redrock color makes the factory tint stand out more . . .

Redmdx - actually the steps was a difficult call. Was thinking of OEM steps and powdercoat to match rims, but got thrifty at the last minute and went with Maniks. I'm glad I chose the maniks, I think the stainless finish complements the rims and door handles . . . It's all Daleb's fault, I followed his threads on the Maniks and got hooked !

I'm a lil' behind on my pics, need to update with the Formfit front deflector . . . maybe after the painted deflector comes in.

·
Registered
147 Posts
AcuraMDX2002 said:
I installed the OEM side steps, and actually like the black on the Redrock better than the silver (just my opinion).
Do you know if anyone has posted pics so I can see the OEM steps?

Are these what I'm reading as Black Powder coated?

·
Registered
50 Posts
jm7qb said:
Nice MDX - looks exactly like mine! I took delivery of a 2002 Touring W/ navi on 8/9 and put my Maniks on the day after. They look awesome - much nicer than the plastic OEM running boards.
My MDX arrived a month EARLY - kudos to Apple Acura of York PA for being extremely easy to work with!
The OEM boards are not plastic....they are a powder coated extruded aluminum material.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
All you need

SoCALJD-

Are you needed is a rear deflector paint matched to your MDX, chrome caps for your wheels, HIDs lighting system, front windows tinted and you are ALL SET!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updated pics

Front view, w/Formfit deflector and sans front plate . . .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts