Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone!

I'm new to the Acura and MDX scene. I just recently purchased my 2016 MDX SH-AWD Tech model. I was going back and forth with the RDX and the MDX and ultimately chose the MDX for more room, comfort, and lots of future road trips.

I also was hesitant about the 9 speed ZF transmission but, after I did some research on this forum I found out about the software update 15-054. I just had my Stone EX and Resist All applied so while that was being done, I had the SA install the update. I did notice some jerky shifting especially in sport mode prior to the update and I'll have to report back as I rack on some more miles with the update now.

I don't have much modifications but, here is what I have so far:

15-054 Software Update
All Season Floor Mats

IMG_5972 by jpak8281, on Flickr[/IMG]
IMG_5971 by jpak8281, on Flickr[/IMG]

I would like to get some more mods in the future like the sport running boards, fog lights, and front sport lip.

My last car before the MDX was a 07 Civic SI. Loved the car but, was ready to move on to something bigger.

DSC_0077 by jpak8281, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Do you like the Conti. tires? I don't know why Acura dropped Michelin tires.
I have Continentals on my 2014 and they're fine. At least in 2014 they had both Contis and Michelins with the Michelins on the Advance model - I have the shawd Tech.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I have Continentals on my 2014 and they're fine. At least in 2014 they had both Contis and Michelins with the Michelins on the Advance model - I have the shawd Tech.
Same here. Still on originals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Continentals are okay but coming from Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my civic, I want more grip. Any suggestions for the MDX? Should I stick around stock tire size?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You have decent brand new tires on the MDX so why would you want to swap them out now for what would likely be a minimal improvement in grip at best - or are you talking about for when they're worn out? Keep in mind the MDX is heavier and has a higher center of gravity than your Civic and the MDX has a more SUVish type of tire for handling weather and carrying some load - the feeling of grip won't be the same regardless of the tires you put on the MDX.

I have around 27K on the Continentals and still have more life left in them but when it comes time for new tires I'll check out what's available and what the prices are. The two simple choices are the factory ones - Continentals and the Michelin variant that it comes with. I may look at some others but both of these tires are rated pretty well fro an overall perspective.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're absolutely right. I've been driving my civic for so long I forget that I'm in an SUV now at 4,300 lbs instead of 2,709. I'll stick with the Continentals for now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did anyone notice how the leather seats in the Tech model is way different than the advanced model? The advanced model is more sporty trimmed seats and the Tech looks like some pleather.

I'm okay with not getting the advance package since I couldn't justify the extra 10K and the stop/start feature would get on my nerves.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you don't mind John, what did you pay for your 2016 before TTL?
How low were you able to work the dealer on the Tech?

Wife and I are currently shopping and the local dealer had a couple 2016 MDX Tech Loaners for sale as CPO's with a little over 6k on the odo. I didn't think they came low enough so we passed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you don't mind John, what did you pay for your 2016 before TTL?
How low were you able to work the dealer on the Tech?

Wife and I are currently shopping and the local dealer had a couple 2016 MDX Tech Loaners for sale as CPO's with a little over 6k on the odo. I didn't think they came low enough so we passed.
My wife and I were able to get the tech down to 45K out the door. We also had the dealer throw in all season floor mats all around. It was stickered at 49K. I say we got a pretty good discount on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a great deal, John! Congrats! I picked up my CPO 2016 SH-AWD Tech service loaner (6800 miles) on Monday for $42,860 before TTL. I think I got a great deal, too, and couldn't be happier with the vehicle. Well, I could be happier if it had Android Auto, but I'll be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a great deal as well. The 2016 sh-awd handles great. Averaging 23-24 mpg 75% hwy and 25% city.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts