Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Wow...I LOVE the red. I have a mesa beige, which given my unworthy car cleaning habits was still, I believe a good choice. Plus, unfortunately, when I bought my MDX, there were far more limited choices. BEAUTIFUL COLOR. What did you decide to do about mouldings? I'm kind of with you about really liking the simplicity and beauty of the car in its pure form. Curious to see with the mouldigs if you went that route. LOVED the wood trim.

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
debrockman said:
... What did you decide to do about mouldings? I'm kind of with you about really liking the simplicity and beauty of the car in its pure form. Curious to see with the mouldigs if you went that route. LOVED the wood trim.
I have not done the moldings but I must say have been parking my MDX far away from all other cars when possible. I don't know if molding would protect to the level I like but the only ding I got would have been protected.

Back to the red color, I really like it. The red choice is so rare that I have not seen another Red the 3rd times yet. My local dealer wants $200+ to do the molding! I am still wondering if the glue will stay when the hot sun would be 90 degrees or higher. I also think about picking a different color on the molding but am not brave enough to choose a color and do it.

Overall, the MDX is a wonderful vehiecle. It has all the goodies and style I even want.

· Registered
671 Posts
I have the BSMs on my 2002 Red Rock and they look great! I got them from Hondacuraworld.com (Tim) for $98 + $2 handling and installed them myself in about ten minutes. I don't know if they will actually protect my MDX, but I hope so!

BTW Great looking MDX!

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
AcuraMDX2002 said:
I have the BSMs on my 2002 Red Rock and they look great! I got them from Hondacuraworld.com (Tim) for $98 + $2 handling and installed them myself in about ten minutes. ...!
I presume that you got the red color molding, right?

· Registered
16 Posts
RedMdxMemphis... Is it possible for you to post of close up picture of the side of the Acura hitch? Im interested to see how far the Acura hitch extends below the fender on the sides. Much appreciated!!!
Thank you

· Registered
123 Posts
"how do you folks tell what number your car is by looking at the VIN#?"

I believe by looking at the last 5 digits of the vin number...

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
gsimon said:
RedMdxMemphis... Is it possible for you to post of close up picture of the side of the Acura hitch? Im interested to see how far the Acura hitch extends below the fender on the sides. Much appreciated!!!
Thank you
Sorry for the late reply. I was out of the country and not keeping up with the forum. Hope this picture helpful for you or others interested in this matter.

Attachments

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Here is another closer shot right at the hitch.

Also if you look at the hitch straight down from the bumper, it is probably extending outward less than one inch. I could be inaccurate on this since my eye angle may not be vertical at 90 degree.

Attachments

· Registered
117 Posts
Does the RedRock Fade ?!

RedMdxMemphis,

I'm on the waiting list for the RedRock '03 Touring w/ Nav. My family has been split about the color RedRock...I've heard that this color will fade much quicker than Black etc... Since you've had the car for a year already can you tell me how it withstood the sun? Is it still as bright as you the day you bought it? Does the color seem any duller? I'm asking this also because I've seen some Explorers around that are ~5 yrs old and their red paint seem so flat already!:confused:

I would really appreciate your opnion on this... THanks!!

· Registered
112 Posts
I, too, own a RR MDX. I have not had a concern about fading. I think that with reasonable care, the red will not fade. I owned a VW for 13 years (Surinam Red Metallic) and it looked very good the day I sold it. It was garage kept at night but was out in all kinds weather during the days while at work. And this is in a town where a chemical plant is present!

· Registered
117 Posts
best care would be frequent car washes/waxing? what's the best way to take care of paint's lustre?

· Registered
112 Posts
With my old VW, I was just doing regular washes (twice a month or so) and waxes about every 6-9 months. This was just using regular waxes - nothing like the Zaino's of today. I would think that fading would occur with little or no care. Previously, I said reasonable care. Nothig like what I've been doing with the MDX (thanks to all our fellow members who have lured me back into my concours days of car shows with old Corvettes, etc.)! And this isn't a show car - it's a daily driver! Do you think there are subliminal suggestions on this board?

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Re: Does the RedRock Fade ?!

nm2 said:
RedMdxMemphis,

I'm on the waiting list for the RedRock '03 Touring w/ Nav. My family has been split about the color RedRock...I've heard that this color will fade much quicker than Black etc.....!!
The color seems as shiny as the first day. In fact I am not a good frequent car washer but whenever I get to wash it.. or meaning the rains got really stomy and heavy ;) , the original nice Red Rock just shows.

I know your concern.. since I have seen (mostly) American made cars to have a really bad fade on their bodies. I trust Acura would stand for its test. Or I sure hope so.. as I plan to keep it for a long time.

This car is just a wonder. I am really happy with it.

· Registered
52 Posts
Gold emblems on RR

Has anyone put the gold emblems and gold inner grill on their Red Rock Pearl X? Are there any opinions one way or the other on how they look? I've just put in my order for '03 RR navi/res with hopeful delivery of late Nov/Dec. I've only seen one RR MDX in this area and it did not have the gold.

This is my first post so be easy on me...

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.