Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 2002 Red Rock MDX... after a three-month wait. Since it is hard to determine what red color it is on the MDX, you need to see it in person. It was a leap of faith to order a red car without knowing what it will be. Well, the Red is just fine. A bit like red wine color but is not the same as any other red from the Acura line. Astonishingly beautiful color on the car. It was a great surprise.

My experience with Acura of Memphis has been very positive. Salesman Tom Perry has been working with me through this process. A soft spoken gentleman, he gives attention to details and does not put out smoke and mirror.

There is not much to discuss on price break since there is no car on the lot. On the other hand, there is no price hike or forced options type of stuff from this dealership. Whatever the dealership would say turned out to be just like it. They do it just like a premium car business. I don't feel any game or tricks from my buying experience from this place. They are firm on MDX price. MSRP. No force options or any other funny add-ons. As a result, I still don't quite understand how other Acura dealership could do the force options, price hike, etc. So I guess every dealership is different. I will post my experience when I get more experience on this vehicle or services.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Happy Turkey Day!!

Hey RedMDXMemphis -
That is one beautiful SUV. I've not seen that color on the road here in L.A. I've got a feeling it's going to be a rare commodity, which is good for you!
Congratulations on your new car. You will love it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving.

Superb color. This deep Red is really nice, much better than I thought (the old flat Honda red). Congratulations and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Tony:

Congratulations!! The car looks sharp, just like my red rock :)

My number is 1806, what is yours?

The picture here depicts exactly how the redrock looks. I have not seen any other pictures posted come close to the real one.

Davegood: I am sorry, I could not get a digital camera to post mine, but Tony's pictures are very accurate.

Tdnone: I work in San Jose, I could show you mine in real color, if you want to see it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GCK said:
Tony:

Congratulations!! The car looks sharp, just like my red rock :)
My number is 1806, what is yours?...
My number is 1804. I think your and mine know each other.;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
1800 here!

Great Pictures! Got my #1800 last weekend just haven't had time to take pictures, I will when Santa Tim and Manik elves make their deliveries next week.

Steve...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congrats. Very nice pics. I must admit that I like the color. What a great turkey day for you! :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
I AM impressed. Great color, Red!

"Not that there is anything wrong with any other color, mind you" to paraphrase Seinfeld.

I can think of LOTS of stuff to put on your MDX that will match it quite nicely.... Thanks for the fotos!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Very nice pics :) I do like that color - and it does look very nice on the MDX. I wasn't sure what the RR would look like - but it looks very nice in your pics :)

Hey I used to live in the Memphis area (Collierville) from '93 - '95. That looks like a Germantown neighborhood - is it?

Oh CONGRATS on your new MDX :D :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by texrb ...Oh CONGRATS on your new MDX :D :D [/B]
Good guess... That's where I live alright.

To All, thanks for the compliments. I just went back to have the wood steering wheel, meter trim, knob and tow hitch installed today. Got it all done... I will add a few pictures here later on the hitch since I have had question before my installation.

This forum makes us feel it is MDX everywhere. In fact, it is rare on the road and feeling very special to drive this vehicle. The acceleration reall compares with other fine car like the BMW X5 but I can really see the practical side and the utility use of the MDX now just two days with this car.

:D :D :D Cheers to the MDX drivers. :D :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Tony:

My VIN is 1805 (not 1806) ... wow! so my car was always following yours on the floor, until it got shipped! I have to agree with others that the color is just great.

There was a sale in Circuit city yesterday, and I got myself a digital camera. We have thunder storms here today. Will try to post pictures as soon as possible.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is a picture from the back with towing hitch (Acura Installed). The color is brighter under the sun as you can see. The red turn darker under shade as you will see on the following pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tow Hitch close-up. Again, I think some may be interested to see as I was when I was deciding on this.:D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a Red Rock Perl color picture under the shade. Notice the color turns darker .. which is a different beauty.

;)

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I posted this pic to show a contrast of red color. Notice how dark the red color becomes from your view. Taking from my house looking out, the 'X is almost dark red from a distance. This is "not" the color you will see when you stand in front of the car but this is the color the camara sees from a digital in a shade.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
28 Participants
rghouz01
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing