Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new pride and joy. Adding tint and bsm's pretty soon. Mild wood upgrades (shifter, gauge trim) - Debating on side steps, running boards or nothing????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Hi Snidely, nice X.
Where are you located? Looks like East coast/New England?
Welcome to the group :D

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Very nice! If you are on the East Coast, especially New England, tell us how you keep the grass so green with winter just about upon us.:p

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Congratulations snidley26

Your X looks beatiful. The color is fantastic, of course. :D

There are tons of info on the pros, cons, ect on sidesteps vs. boards vs. nothing. Just do the searches. :4:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats on your new baby! She looks great. Good idea on the windown tinting. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Congratulations.....Great color:29::29:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm located in Beautiful Charlotte NC. Didn't have any grass all summer but its rained alot over the past two months......now the grass looks great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Snidely - Nice looking SS MDX. Did you get it at Hendrick Acura? Did they treat you right there? I should be getting my 03 SS MDX next week from them. I originally had a MBP/Saddle Touring/Nav/Res reserved but I switched my order to a SS/Quartz Touring/Nav/Res. They have the SS on the lot now and the MBP is due in soon. I have not gotten to see the 03 MDX since I have been in South Korea for four years but I should be back stateside on December 20 though. Maybe I will see you around Charlotte in a few days. I will be in Mooresville for a few weeks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They weren't bad to deal with at all. Had a good salesman. John Weisenberger. Tell him I (Doug Snider) said hello when you get yours. I really enjoy it so far. I put 1100 miles on it the first 4 days on a trip to WV. Averaged about 21.5mpg on the way up through the mountains at 75mph.

Don't pay sticker or retail for any accesories you decide on. I ended up about 500 under plus 2 year maintenance and some other accessories. Probably could have done a little better but after 40 minutes of haggling over $150.00 we ended up meeting in the middle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great X. While test driving the X I found the side steps and running boards to be a pain in the A*%! The X does not sit "TOO" high off the ground. It may look nicer, but I think they are a huge hassle. Just one man's opinion. Your's looks great just the way it is.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Love the color and the new wheels :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments.....I had a hard time washing the roof without being able to step up. I guess I could use a little step stool.

·
3,109 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts