Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning!!! Proud owner showing off.

Here's the first picture with panels and weather stripping off.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic with the ceiling liner off

Ceiling Liner off. This is Cdawg's idea. Installed 2 aluminum strip to prevent the screen from sagging. Picture shows 1 of 2 strips.

Ooouch! What the hell was I thinking:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Close up of Ceiling

Close up of Ceiling

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front Passenger seat Off...

where I installed the DVD player and also to install wires/cables under the carpeting

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finished product...

DVD player under the front passenger seat

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Powered Diversity antenna

One of the Diversity antennas

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enjoying the hard work

Toy Story 2

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rear Driver side view of the screen

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Monitor when it is on the closed position

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
nanali!

looks great nanali!
I see you live in NYC too, care to do my MDX for a fee???? I would gladly help and learn standing next to you, Obi-Wan!
how long did it take you?
cost of all parts? it looks like you got that nice screen from ebay, i saw it a couple of weeks ago, but in the wood brown. I'm surprised you opted for the black bordered screen with the tan interior, but it does look great.
Larry

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: nanali!

larryhot13 said:
looks great nanali!
I see you live in NYC too, care to do my MDX for a fee???? I would gladly help and learn standing next to you, Obi-Wan!
how long did it take you?
cost of all parts? it looks like you got that nice screen from ebay, i saw it a couple of weeks ago, but in the wood brown. I'm surprised you opted for the black bordered screen with the tan interior, but it does look great.
Larry
Thanks Larry. It did take a while to complete the job. Well, the figuring out part took most of the time. Once I learned how to remove the liner and panels, it was smooth sailing. I owed it all to the guys in here. Cdawg gave alot of info and encouragment. That's how i was able to do it. Yes, the screen is from ebay, similar to MDXtrous' screen. But not quite the same brand.

FYI to all, here's the list of components installed:

- Monitor - Tview T7002 7" WideScreen (width) - $259
- Apex DVD player - $145
- Farenheit 3R TV Tuner - $135
- XO Vision FM60 FM Modulator - $40
- XO Vision Powered Diversity Antennas - $30 ea. (2x)
- XO Vision Wireless Headphone (Single) - $65
- Wires/Noise reducer (Pep Boys) - $25

Grand Total = $729.00
Savings = (?)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Great install Nanali :4: That screen sure looks familiar!! How is the RF modulator? Do you have a problem hearing the DVD volume on the highway?

Just one more thing, if you post this thread under "Audio & Electronics" it should get more visibility;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do I move this thread???

Admin,
Please move the thread to "Audio & Electronics" if possible. Or should I just start a NEW one there? Please let me know. Anybody???

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MDXtrous said:
Great install Nanali :4: That screen sure looks familiar!! How is the RF modulator? Do you have a problem hearing the DVD volume on the highway?

Just one more thing, if you post this thread under "Audio & Electronics" it should get more visibility;)
Thanks... At first the DVD sounded low compared to other formats like VCD or SVCD. There's a volume level output on the modulator which I just turned up a bit. It's OK now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry little late....

larryhot13 said:
hey- how is the TV reception in NYC???
do all the channels come in clearly?
do you have satellite on that thing?:D
With the second powered Diversity antenna installed, the reception is a lot clearer.

Yeah I wish I have satellite.
:4:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Very nice job Nanali, about the reception, is the tv even watchable while the car is moving? I've heard the tv is only worth watching while the car is stationary.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gokings55 said:
Very nice job Nanali, about the reception, is the tv even watchable while the car is moving? I've heard the tv is only worth watching while the car is stationary.
Thanks:29: Quite honestly, haven't watched TV yet while in motion. I'll ask my wife tonite to turn on the TV while driving. Let you guys know.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
ceiling liner

Can you post any instructions or tips on removing and reinstalling the ceiling liner please?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: ceiling liner

HrdTsk said:
Can you post any instructions or tips on removing and reinstalling the ceiling liner please?

Sure!!! But keep in mind I didn't COMPLETELY remove the liner. I just let it hang enough to reach where I needed to work which was the support bracket/s install right behind the sunroof.

Here it goes as I remembered it:

-Remove door panels (plastic piece on floor door jams) by pulling very carefully
-Remove weather strips on doors and sunroof by simply pulling them OFF
-Remove 4 ceiling assist handles (2 screws each)
-Remove ceiling/map lights and wiring harness
*Front lights (4 screws)
*Middle light (2 screws I think)
-Remove 2 Front visors and disconnect wiring harness (1 screw)
-Remove 2 Front Visor Hooks by twisting
-Remove A Pillar panel by pulling out CAREFULLY not breaking the locking plastic thingys(?)
-Remove B, C & D Pillar upper panels by removing seatbelt bolts (14 mm I think) and pull CAREFULLY again not breaking the plastic thignys

I was hesitant at first but once I started, everything came kinda natural. Just be carefull each steps.:4:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts