Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Which Ceramic coating did you go with? I went with CQuartz Finest on my 19 MDX back in 2019 and Ceramic Pro for my 18 RLX in 2020 (painted surfaces, windows, and rims). I also did Ceramic Pro for interiors. Both are holding up perfectly and I only hand wash/dry with microfiber and ceramic soaps (inside and out).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which Ceramic coating did you go with? I went with CQuartz Finest on my 19 MDX back in 2019 and Ceramic Pro for my 18 RLX in 2020 (painted surfaces, windows, and rims). I also did Ceramic Pro for interiors. Both are holding up perfectly and I only hand wash/dry with microfiber and ceramic soaps (inside and out).
The shop I went to uses Modesta. I rolled in with my MDX and he was working on a Ferrari so I assume it’s good stuff!

·
Premium Member
2010 MDX Advance Mayan Bronze Metallic, Umber Brown Int
64 Posts
Looks great, I used Gyeon Pure, you'll never use a regular wax once you try these ceramics. I used it on my 30 yo boat and it turned out pretty good. Gel Coat,,,,,,,,,,blah.
Perfect on your Black MDX. Good move.

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 117624
Totally worth paint correction and ceramic coating. It really brought out the pearl in the paint and that shine will last 8 years!
I have never owned a black colored car ever in my life and never considered that color when I was purchasing my 22 MDX( I got the Liquid Carbon), but looking at the picture of your car, now I am not sure if I missed out. That is a classy looking car. Is it just the ceramic coating that makes it look so good or are others without it just as good looking? Congratulations!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the ceramic coating made a big difference. It brought out shine and the pearl in the paint job

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-SPEC Liquid Carbon Metallic/Black Interior
52 Posts
I was able to get PPF (clear bra) on the full front and mirrors for $1600. I felt this car needs it with such a large tall front end.
We did the same with my wife's ASPEC, I worked the deal with the dealer, only paid half which was less than $400 CND. It's worth it, I always have it on all of our cars.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I have never owned a black colored car ever in my life and never considered that color
I did once, a 1978 280Z, and as a result I'd not own a black car again. It looked great when it was freshly washed but very quickly showed the dust and dirt that accumulated afterwards and it's compounded by the area I live where it goes many months with no rain thus the dust just accumulates. A neighbor with a black Tahoe solved the problem by having a detailer come to their house either weekly or every other week and wash theirs but I didn't feel like washing mine that frequently.

The OP's car looks great in the pic but where I live it'd be dirty looking within a few days regardless of the protective coating.

Since then, almost all cars on the road are now black, white, or a shade of gray so I'm off of all those colors due to how common they all are (I have a blue MDX). But color preference is a personal and subjective thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of the best things about the ceramic coating is that the dust and dirt does not cling to the car. I simply take a microfiber wand and dirt/dust comes right off.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I was told by both my Ceramic Pro and CQuartz Finest installers not to never ever dust ceramic coating dry. It can cause micro scratches over time. Ceramic coating is softer and scratches easier than the MDX clear coat. The both installer said to use a spray bottle with ceramic soap and water mix with microfiber to spot clean stuff like bird dropping. I two bucket wash/dry with microfiber the entire vehicle if it start to get too dusty after a week or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts