Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Tim,
Got all my goodies last week and installed them over the weekend. Few hours of elbow greese and the MDX looks great.
I only had 1 minor problem with one of the parts though. The left front fender flare has a scratch. I was able to scape most 1/2 of the scratch off with my finger nails but it seems to be deeper into the finish of the part. I hope I can polish is up a bit more so that it's not noticable at all rather than send it back. It's kinda close to the edge so it's not very noticable. Anything you can recommend?
I'll attach some pictures of my installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures

Here's the Formfit front wind deflector. Took about 1/2 hour to clean the surface, attach the grommits and tape, and screw into the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pictures

Here's the BSM installation. Took about 1 hour to clean the surface, tape and align the templates, and stick on the BSMs. Follow the instructions and don't peel off all the tape backing all at once so that you can adjust the alignments. My wife helped by pulling the tape and holding one end while we straightend.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pictures

The BSM was a perfect match for my wife's Honda Accord. Notice that the BSM protects from the sharpest angle of the door from the Accord at the right height.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More pictures

The Fendor Flares took me about 2 hours for cleaning, studying the instructions, peeling tape, and installation with my wife's help.
Her help was instrumental in preparing all the tape by starting all the pulling of the tape backings as per the instructions.
The most difficult work was removing the rear fender well covers and getting all 3 fender flare pieces on, and then putting the covers back.
I broke the top off off one expansion grommit on the front fender well but I was able to stick it back into the hole. Hope it stays.
But my objective to cover up a small dent on the rear fender well was accomplished.
That's it!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last update

Forgot to update my signature!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Very Nice! Thanks for sharing the amount of time it takes install the various items. I really like the fender flares. Maybe next year for me. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
gordonweb

Here's the Formfit front wind deflector. Took about 1/2 hour to clean the surface, attach the grommits and tape, and screw into the hood.
Where does the tape go? I didn't receive any tape with my Formfit deflector I don't think. Can't say I miss it either having put it on and taken it off every time I add another coat or two of Zaino.

Thanks,

·
Registered
89 Posts
fvince,
I posted a picture of the "clips" on this thread (where the "tape" goes): http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7371

The tape is called "3M Anti-abrasion Film Pads" and you should have received 4 pieces. They are "attached to the hood in line with the holes in the leading edge of the deflector. Fold the pads in half over the hood edge to cover at least 1/2" of the underside of the hood." (from item #4 of the instructions).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
MDXLNT

Thanks, I saw your pictures before and could relate very well.

I have the four clips attached to the reflector as is shown in the pictures. Now, is there 3M anti-abrasion tape that goes between the hood paint and the part of the clip that fits over the edge of the hood? If so, I didn't get that or if I did, missed it somehow. I guess I now need to find some to prevent clip damage to the paint.

What does the film look like? Does it stay put when you take the reflector off?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 3M film is 4 x about 1 inch x 1 inch rectangles and is transparent on a piece of white paper that was labeled 3M so it's possible that you missed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts