Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Looks pretty good. I take it you didn't use the bracket included w/the unit to mount -- just the nuts'n'bolts direct to the headliner? I wonder whether you could've slid the bracket backwards via the sunroof area...

Any sag or bounce? How much does the unit weigh? My install (see link in my sig line) is also headliner-only (no bracket like cdawg's) but the unit is ~ 2lbs.

· Registered
2,950 Posts
Thanks for the additional info; I was thinking the bracket was installed above the headliner to distribute the weight...

I doubt the bounce, if there is any, will be an issue since there's not much sag (and the passengers will be bouncing, too, of course); possibly the only risk is the "rebound" bounce that could cause some squeaks/knocks on the rear bracket of the sunroof...but you'd know where that's coming from :)

How does a standard 4:3 picture show up on the screen (since it's a 16:9)...black bars on the sides?

One last question: what's the white thing w/the pink bow to the left of your temp/AC controls?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.