Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

My first production of the door knob!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Juan Grullon 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Very nice! I've been saving links to mods I would want when I get my MDX and yours is one of them. I'm also considering trying Chien's Vynel coverinf mod from the TL site and dump the faux-wood look. Have you considered that hcchon? It would look sweet with your LED and silver paint.

#7 ·
The site still appears down. What he was showing were polished, machined and threaded door pulls (knobs) to replace the stock ones. They looked very nice. He had proto-types with blue LED's which were a little too rice for my taste but the machined ones with the lines were classy. I plan on accenting my interior with aluminum/titanium looks and those knobs are a quick, easy-to-install mod. Worth a look when the site's back up.

#8 ·
I'm lost...the site's back up...but WHAT are we looking at? When you say knob/pull, are you talking about the manual lock/unlock mechanism on the top inside of the doors?

#9 ·
TheWorm said:
I'm lost...the site's back up...but WHAT are we looking at? When you say knob/pull, are you talking about the manual lock/unlock mechanism on the top inside of the doors?
TheWorm,
I think its for the pull up/push down type knob to lock the doors. The ones on the MDX are rectangular and recessed in the door panel on top by the window. IMO, i don't think these knobs can be retrofited to fit the X.

#10 ·
Hi All:

___Maybe this will help some as well. Personally, I think they look tech but that’s just me …

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.