Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
DZ,
How did you measured the compression?
Removed the plug one at a time and plugged in the gauge and crank up the engine while the fuel injectors or fuel line are disabled?
That was how I did last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like i told you before, disconnect starter solenoid, connect lead wire to the solenoid and other end of the wire to the positive terminal of the battery. Engine will crank as long you will keep wire touched to the positive terminal.

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
656 Posts

The quick connection that you see in the picture, it is the wire that connects to the starter solenoid. The front side is female, put a wire in it and use the positive of the battery to crank the engine with the starter. You don’t need the ignition for cranking the engine using this wire.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mine looks different

I do not think it is the same connector. The one I showed, it is just one wire that comes from the auto keyswitch and goes to the starter's coil. It is located by the break master cylinder (right hand side looking towards the firewall).

The one you are showing, it is very closed to the battery and has two wires. I do not believe the one you are showing goes to the starter's solenoid.

1. What year is your car?
2. Do you have the electrical wiring manual?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
jezz, just disconnect connector from starter. Case closed.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I do not think it is the same connector. The one I showed, it is just one wire that comes from the auto keyswitch and goes to the starter's coil. It is located by the break master cylinder (right hand side looking towards the firewall).

The one you are showing, it is very closed to the battery and has two wires. I do not believe the one you are showing goes to the starter's solenoid.

1. What year is your car?
2. Do you have the electrical wiring manual?
1. 2011
2. I do

I will look again. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Sounds simple but it’s not that easy to disconnect the connector from the starter. I removed the starter twice and trying to disconnect the connector was not a simple job.

it takes 2min...did it many times and I had huge biceps hahah. Just remove 10mm bolt from fuse box by the battery and pull it to the side, that way there will be more space for your hand .

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nope
Got it! Just disconnect the plug and connect a positive battery momentarily? Do I need to disable anything else’s? Thanks

No, there is no need to disconnect anything else. You don't even have to have the key in the ignition. The wire will allow you to turn the starter when the car is totally OFF. As a matter of fact, you don't want power to the fuel pump. So, do not have the ignition key ON. Remember, apply power to the female side of the wire. The starter will turn as long as you have power applied to the wire.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nope

No, there is no need to disconnect anything else. You don't even have to have the key in the ignition. The wire will allow you to turn the starter when the car is totally OFF. As a matter of fact, you don't want power to the fuel pump. So, do not have the ignition key ON. Remember, apply power to the female side of the wire. The starter will turn as long as you have power applied to the wire.
Thanks! This is a lot easier than disconnect the cable from the starter!

·
Registered
2011 Acura MDX (Tech)
5 Posts
For the engine flush procedure, is that any way via obdII or a trick of some sort (place something on the gas pedal) to set the engine rpm (e.g 1200-1500 rpm) for the 40 minute intervals?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
For the engine flush procedure, is that any way via obdII or a trick of some sort (place something on the gas pedal) to set the engine rpm (e.g 1200-1500 rpm) for the 40 minute intervals?
no

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
stick against the seat and gas pedal, move power seat forward to right RPM.

Reactions: madburg
121 - 137 of 137 Posts