Registered
888 Posts
I like to buy bigger quantities, because it is cheaper ;):

Reactions: Modded11MDX

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
The oil extraction won’t be until Friday so I went ahead and try to spray 4 can of mopar ccc Through the throttle in 3 sessions. The first session I sprayed 1.5 can and when started the engine it was very rough and a lot of ping and some smoke but not a lot and as it driven it all went away. The 2 session I sprayed another 1.5 can and the engine was very light rough and little ping. The 3 session I sprayed 1 can and let it soaked for 2 hours and started with light rough and light smoke and no ping.

I don’t get these crazy smoke as on you tube.

It seems the ping seem to disappear a little bit. We’ll see as I keep driving.

I will do the piston soak when i have all the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
888 Posts
You are wasting product, on top of the your idle might be messed. Mopar will clean Tb blade, with clean blade idle issues possible.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
You are wasting product, on top of the your idle might be messed. Mopar will clean Tb blade, with clean blade idle issues possible.
Since my throttle plate was pretty cleaned to start with I don’t have any issue with rough idle afterwards . Been driving for 5 hours now.

Can I pour some acetone inside the chamber and finish off with brakekleen?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Since my throttle plate was pretty cleaned to start with I don’t have any issue with rough idle afterwards . Been driving for 5 hours now.

Can I pour some acetone inside the chamber and finish off with brakekleen?

Good. I would use brake kleen

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Good. I would use brake kleen
Are you saying don’t use acetone but spray A LOT of brake Kleen instead? How many cans of brake kleen do I need ? 3 cans? I don’t want to run short of it in the middle of the job.

·
Registered
888 Posts
This desk needs some reconditioning.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Are you saying don’t use acetone but spray A LOT of brake Kleen instead? How many cans of brake kleen do I need ? 3 cans? I don’t want to run short of it in the middle of the job.

Should be enough, Brake kleen dries fast. I usually use Gum Cutter 2+2 for job like these, but it is expensive and dont think you can get locally.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Should be enough, Brake kleen dries fast. I usually use Gum Cutter 2+2 for job like these, but it is expensive and dont think you can get locally.
Great. What is the best to blow out lose carbon debris without air compressor. I know the cranking method but is there any other method?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Cranking works good, but compressor helps too.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
DZ, what is the difference between an engine pinging all the time during normal acceleration and an engine only ping during the first 1-2 minutes from a start up and went away after a few acceleration?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Pinging all the time is probably temperature related (heatsoak) and carbon.
Pinging when cold engine is not that common. I am not sure what are you hearing, Acura/Honda engines tend to make "ping" noise during heat up process richer mixture (emission thing, heating up CATS)
Keep in mind, carbon is taking volume in ignition chamber. It might look that it is not much, but it is enough to mess up compression (increase) and A/F ratio.

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Pinging all the time is probably temperature related (heatsoak) and carbon.
Pinging when cold engine is not that common. I am not sure what are you hearing, Acura/Honda engines tend to make "ping" noise during heat up process richer mixture (emission thing, heating up CATS)
Keep in mind, carbon is taking volume in ignition chamber. It might look that it is not much, but it is enough to mess up compression (increase) and A/F ratio.
I don’t have ping in cold start but have brief pings after a few start/stop

·
Registered
888 Posts
Can I run this oil until 10k miles before next OC? I am using m1 ep and do OC every 10k miles

Definitely not, up to 4k. Uber driving... I would not go over 3k. Long intervals is the main reason of your engine problems.

·
Registered
888 Posts
What so expensive about oil changes? You are DIY?

101 - 120 of 220 Posts