Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will go by the local Acura dealer to see the 2017 MDX Hybrid tomorrow. I hope it is serviced and I can drive it. All I know is that it is silver in color.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Outside minor changes:
Painted lower molding on front and back of car and Hybrid Emblem on front side fender.

Super quiet nice drive. It did well when I gave it lots of gas, but normally do not do that with my car so it was hard to compare. In the Sport + mode, you must use the paddle shifters according to the salesman.

Many small additions that my 2014 Advance car does not have- All around cameras with several new views, 4 USB ports at 2.5 amps each, fog lights - the salesman says actually work, auto headlight dimming, heated steering wheel, name of the song playing is shown on the lower screen without having to change screens to Audio, auto lane reminding if you go out of your lane w/o the lane keeping steering on, nice real wood on dash, very comfortable seats. Silver with light gray interior. Still have the same old NAVI System, the 2017 is already 1/2 year old, no proof of better gas mileage or better performance, and no towing.
They worked a trade number with the sticker price + $5,000 dealer prep = ~$64,720 – my 2014 Advance MDX with 31,000 miles. They said it was the first Hybrid in stock so no discount. Finally did get a lower cost, but still not sure I will take it.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Colors

They have been slowly popping up for a week now. I have noticed that across the nation, there are only white, silver or grey. I heard that Acura does their vehicles in batches by color so I guess this true.

One dealer said they should have black next week.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
sticker price + $5,000 dealer prep = ~$64,720
That's ridiculous. I'd never consider that for even a second. I wouldn't buy any vehicle for anything higher than significantly under sticker price. I don't understand why anyone would pay more.

Really, my 2014 is fine and only has around 36K miles on it so it's good for many more years and miles.

Thanks for the post on the hybrid though - it'll be interesting to see what people think of it and how it performs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't posted here for some time as my 2010 Tech has been prodding along just fine. The latest news cycle about the hybrid intrigued me and I read everything I could get my hands on.

I got a call this morning from the dealer to tell me they received a hybrid on the lot so I went and drove it this afternoon. Fit and finish is about on par with my 2010 tech. To be frank, I was never a huge fan of the styling but when I was shopping for an SUV in 2010 the MDX drove the best of all the test drives I took, has honda reliability and offered far and above the best value for the money. In 7 years I have done brakes, tires and kept up with maintenance. I never had to replace a light bulb in that car. 16.2 mpg around town, that always kinda stung.

SOOOOO.....I drive the hybrid (advance) ~20 miles today, tried all the drive modes, Sport+ was deceivingly quick. Lane assist worked well even ~35 mph, head up display caught me by surprise when I got too close to the car in front of me. Infotainment interface is still clunky but not nearly as clunky as the 2010.

Long story short, I put a deposit on a black/parchment hybrid advance.....yeaahhh. Price was $500 under sticker and I got $16K for my 2010 with 72K on it, oh, free all season floor mats. I'll post up after I take delivery. Shoot me specific questions and I'll try to answer them all.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
^^ Did the hybrid add around $1500 to an equivalent non-hybrid model or was it something significantly different than that?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sticker matched Acura published price. It a weird thing though because logically the hybrid components would cost more than $1500 even to a corporate behemoth like Honda. I think this a huge market test but I'm happy to be a test subject. 27 mpg and 21 more ponies than my 2010.....

·
Registered
869 Posts
I think they pared some cost by using the non direct-injected engine, to offset the cost of the hybrid goodies, but I could be wrong.

Can you confirm whether there are mount points for a trailer hitch, for instance for attaching a bike rack? Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think they pared some cost by using the non direct-injected engine, to offset the cost of the hybrid goodies, but I could be wrong.

Can you confirm whether there are mount points for a trailer hitch, for instance for attaching a bike rack? Thanks.
I'll check it out next time I'm at the the dealership.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would never pay $5000 over for any car. Acura is just awful for this type of stuff and then our dealer charges $499 doc fee on top of all that. They have lost all my business and I have found other brands who really want my business and are fair and ask for reasonable fees and markup. I want the dealer to make money but I'm not stupid. Wait until the end of the month and then they will want to sell you a car because they haven't sold any.

I looked at Lincoln Black Program and it blows Acura out of the water. They even bring you a car and pick yours up for service. Hell, my Chevrolet dealer even services me better than the Acura Dealer.

Also think about this, You will never get $65,000 service from Acura. I seem to always get Honda service from them. I have two 2015 Acura Advances and can never get a loaner when something needs to be done. Then no one will ever fix things that are wrong. Always get the answer we are working on it and as soon as we find a fix we'll let you know but don't hold your breath. Only 8 more months for me and I move on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
One thing I don't understand is why the Hybrid is actually slower in the 0 to 60 compared to the non-hybrid version. I know it's slightly heavier but it has more HP and Torque.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Should be way faster... Insta torque out of the line coupled with an efficient DCT makes for a .2s faster? No way in hell.. I was expecting low 5s - high 4s 0 to 60, This just makes it way more underwhelming than it is.

Reactions: Gladiator

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would never pay $5000 over for any car. Acura is just awful for this type of stuff and then our dealer charges $499 doc fee on top of all that. They have lost all my business and I have found other brands who really want my business and are fair and ask for reasonable fees and markup. I want the dealer to make money but I'm not stupid. Wait until the end of the month and then they will want to sell you a car because they haven't sold any.

I looked at Lincoln Black Program and it blows Acura out of the water. They even bring you a car and pick yours up for service. Hell, my Chevrolet dealer even services me better than the Acura Dealer.

Also think about this, You will never get $65,000 service from Acura. I seem to always get Honda service from them. I have two 2015 Acura Advances and can never get a loaner when something needs to be done. Then no one will ever fix things that are wrong. Always get the answer we are working on it and as soon as we find a fix we'll let you know but don't hold your breath. Only 8 more months for me and I move on.
This is sadly true. You'd be fooling yourself if you still think that Acura is at the same level of luxury that Lexus/BMW/Mercedes are. You'd be an even bigger fool if you spent 65k on an MDX. At that price point, you could get a very nice Audi Q7 or maybe a base Porsche Cayenne.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts

You have had a really rough time. Your dealer has never had a loaner,and nothing on your car has ever been fixed. You should move on.

·
Registered
695 Posts
No towing, no go for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Test driving the hybrid 3 days ago, feels smoother that non-hybrid. but price is not reasonable now, so I still go get a non-hybrid one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Update on my deposit - so the color that I want isn't currently available and I'm being told they don't have an expectation for a delivery date. They are getting one in Black Copper Pearl w/ espresso in June and I could potentially get that one. I'm ambivalent on the exterior color as long as it isn't white and the espresso interior is REALLY nice looking. I'm waiting another day or two to see if they can find ou about getting the black/parchment one I originally ordered. Meanwhile the miles will be racking up on the 2010 trade in they already bought so well see! It will hit 75K in July so no factory cert....

·
Registered
869 Posts
Meanwhile the miles will be racking up on the 2010 trade in they already bought so well see! It will hit 75K in July so no factory cert....
For Acura, CPO must be under 6 years ( from original purchase date? ) and under 80k miles.

Acura | Certified Pre-Owned Benefits | Acura.com

I think the electric motors probably have something to do with smoothing out the power delivery. AFAIK DCTs aren't really known for their silky smoothness otherwise. But IMO the ZF 9-HP is about as smooth as Kramer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts