Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Interstate, Group Size 24F, Costco Fitment Code 23. Approximately $85.99 at Costco.

Reactions: 07J36

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
As I said, buy from COSTCO. Don't call Interstate, directly.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
That sucks. Interstate is a good battery, but as you’ve noticed they’re $$$ if you buy direct. Do you have a Sears nearby? Die Hard batteries are good, although usually expensive, too.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
My 11 MDX OEM battery was about useless after 4 years. It really started crapping out when I installed a dashcam and it would run it down in about 15 minutes in parking mode. Even my TSX and RDX batteries were dead in 3 years living in the southwest with low teens temps in winter and +100 degree summers. I did Interstate for my TSX and RDX and always got full battery life and never needed to use the pro-rated warranties. Decide to go for broke and did the Interstate AGM battery because I wanted longer run times with dashcam in parking mode. I can run my dashcam for days in parking mode and have zero effect on my MDX whenever I want to start her up after +2 years.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Does the Diehard battery 24F as good as interstate battery 24F?
DieHard and Interstate both market multiple models -- it depends on which you're comparing.

For example, Interstate sells the MT7-34R with a 48 month free-replacement warranty, 800 CCA and AGM construction. It's one of the best batteries you can buy... But it's expensive.

Interstate also sells the MTP-24F with a 30 month free-replacement warranty, 750 CCA and standard/lead-acid construction. It's a decent/average battery.

The DieHard Gold EP-24F is a good battery. 36 month free-replacement warranty and 725 CCA. Not quite as strong as the Interstate, but slightly better warranty... Although, who knows how much longer Sears will be around... So getting the warranty honored may be a concern.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DieHard and Interstate both market multiple models -- it depends on which you're comparing.

For example, Interstate sells the MT7-34R with a 48 month free-replacement warranty, 800 CCA and AGM construction. It's one of the best batteries you can buy... But it's expensive.

Interstate also sells the MTP-24F with a 30 month free-replacement warranty, 750 CCA and standard/lead-acid construction. It's a decent/average battery.

The DieHard Gold EP-24F is a good battery. 36 month free-replacement warranty and 725 CCA. Not quite as strong as the Interstate, but slightly better warranty... Although, who knows how much longer Sears will be around... So getting the warranty honored may be a concern.

My local Farm and fleet is selling diehard batteries but there so many diehard batteries to chose from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My local Farm and fleet is selling diehard batteries but there so many diehard batteries to chose from!
Decide how much you're willing to spend, then buy the Group 24F battery with the highest CCA and longest full-replacement warranty.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.