Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe it today, but someone stole my antenna. They didn't take anything else. They didn't even bother to take the base of the antenna. They just unscrewed the shaft, I think just to get a kick out of it:mad:

What do I do now? I've gone through the close captioned tape on the garage I park in, and nothing...

Should I call Tim next for a replacement? Does anyone know the cost of one of those? Does it come with just the shaft and not the base? I know eBay has an aftermarket one for around $30.

Make sure you guys check your antennas from time to time. It just comes off by unscrewing.

By the way, are there any of those aftermarket antennae that sit on the inside of the window or something? Are they any good?

Ugghhh...

·
Registered
80 Posts
MDXtrous--
That really stinks. It's probably not too expensive to replace the antenna, but I know what a lousy feeling it is to find a piece of your car gone. The silver lining, of course, is that the antenna is but the tip of the iceberg when it comes to your entertainment system, and they left everything else alone.

If you really want to catch those jerks who did it, maybe while the car is parked you should spin the reverse cam around, and hook a motion-detector controlled VCR up to it. Talk to Ron. ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I know this is extreme but you can try a drop of Locktite to keep it from being liberated by someone. Personally I tightened as much as I could. I did this previously to a cell phone attenna

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: The good news is.....

hondacuraworld said:
They're only 14.78 :D
Yipee:2: I thought it was going to be $40 or $50, since somebody mentioned that it's XM radio capable.

Alrighty, Tim, I'm calling you in 2 minutes!!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Inside joke to the oldtimers

Could it be a little "monkey" business? ;)

For all you newbies do a search on "baboon" and enjoy:2:

·
Registered
250 Posts
msu79gt82,

I still laugh about the "monkey business" and the MDX antenna...
For the newbies, you have to do a search and read about this...
The story is way too funny!

I have found it seems as if the X's antenna tends to loosen somewhat.
I have gotten to where I do a hand tighten check most of the time when I wash the MDX.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'd hate to lose any part of my X! I'll be one of those regular 'checking the antenna' dudes - thanks - I need another reason to be paranoid!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bummer, probably another Xer who had theirs broken or lifted.:3:

Wasn't me . . .

I take mine off going through the car wash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts