• Solution

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently i bought 2014 Acura MDX tech SH-AWD with 124k miles. While driving emission warnings came on and after all warnings also came on. I pulled over and stoped the vehicle now car is not starting any advice what could be a reason?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Need more information to even start with possibilities. Does the engine crank, but not start? Will it not even crank? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes then re-connecting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is cranking but not starting, full tank, I replaced a battery installed a new one still same

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, recently i bought 2014 Acura MDX tech SH-AWD with 124k miles. While driving emission warnings came on and after all warnings also came on. I pulled over and stoped the vehicle now car is not starting any advice what could be a reason?
replace all 6 coils

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I have a similar problem with with 2015. It’s possible the person you bought it from was aware of this problem and didn’t disclose it.

At least with mine I seem to have some “electrical” issue where I’ll get all the lights and then no start. It will act like it will start and then just die.

Two things I found that temporarily fix the issue.

1. jump start If with the negative connected to the negative battery lead. It will not jump start if you connect the negative to the frame ground. It has to be connected to the negative battery terminal. This means you have to remove the head front plastic to access the negative terminal.

You have to let it sit connected for a few minutes and then try and start it.

Or if you have a portable jumper you can use that but it will usually take two tries.

2. Disconnect both positive and negative battery leads from the battery and connect them together for about 10 minutes. That spends all the parasitic electrical from your car.

I’ve had to teach my family what to do in case they get stranded. We avoid taking our MDX to any place where we might have to valet park for fear it will not start for them.

It’s ridiculous I have this issue and no one, not Acura or my own Mechanic can figure it out. Acura wants me to spend thousands on what may or may not fix it. And no refunds if it doesn’t fix it.

My mechanic said “I can’t fix it if I don’t know what’s wrong” no real codes so it’s a matter of replacing one thing at a time to see if that fixes it. And there’s really no way to know because it happens sporadically.

I am thinking about cutting my loses and trading this POS in.

While Honda makes a great engine, everything else is garbage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts