Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to give my review of the 2017 MDX Advance after 4 months of ownership. Paid invoice price back in October 2016.

My prior cars were a 2010 Q7 TDI that was returned within a year. It was a lemon, spent more days in service than I drove. Then a 2011 X5 V6, 2013 Cayenne GTS, & 2015 X5 V8. The Cayenne was my favorite car by far but had to give it up because interior was too small for my family.

So after 4 months I would give a 4 out of 10.

Pros
1. Excellent value for the money. All the German cars would charge extra for all the driver assist features.
2. Comfortable seats and cargo space
3. LED lights
4. Quiet interior
5. Decent ride and acceleration. Good handling for an SUV

Cons
1. It takes 10 to 15 minutes for the GPS map to calibrate and work accurately. My car is parked in the basement of my apt building so for the first 10 minutes it has me driving over the East River instead of the Brooklyn Bridge
2. Graphics are so outdated. Infotainments system is illogical
3. When I have the parking sensors on and it's windy, it always beeps when I am at a red light. Annoying as hell so I have to turn it off.
4. There's usually a 2 to 3 second delay when I try open the car.
5. Can't fully extend my left leg while driving because of the foot rest.
6. Been a few times where I thought I pressed Park but didn't and the car kept on rolling. I really hate not having actual gear shifter. Also would have liked to have a gear shift so I can rest my hand on it while I'm driving on the highway at times.
7. The dealer installed cross bars so I can install a Thule cargo carrier. Because of the cross bar positioning, the trunk can only open 1/2 way. I can't move the cross bars because it's fixed.
8. Audio system sounds flat and distant.

My wife and kids like the car though because it's very comfortable so it'll be a keeper for the next 3 years.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Pretty good list. As has been pointed out in forums and reviews hundreds of times, the infotainment is stone age. Honda/Acura need to cut their ties to Alpine. They have been supplying sub standard electronics to Honda since the early 1980's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How is the traffic sensors on the Navi system?
Does it show green red and amber for traffic flow ? Is it somewhat accurate ?
i have a '14 TL where Sirius provides the data and it actuality works fairly quickly ( when the road begins to move it turns green pretty fast

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also have my tech for 4 months. Love it so much except the brakes. Btw, the transmission is much better now.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I found my 17 MDX is slower than my 14 RDX on start up. On my 14 RDX, I could see the rear camera quickly as soon as I start up the car and shift to reverse. On the MDX, there's lag and it could be another 5+ seconds before I can see the rear camera.

The traffic update in my area (Ontairo, Canada) is generally good. However it's not as up-to-date as my Google Map.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts