Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Couple of things. First, I agree with the above saying check the electronic power steering to be sure it's not pushing to the right - there's a lot going on with that assist system, and it might be "over assisting". Second, what I find interesting is that the OP tried another MDX the dealer had, and it also pulled to the right. That seems strange that two separate vehicles exhibited the same observed behavior..... Don't know much else to comment on...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dealer was able to fix right pull. Said they redid 4 wheel a alignment, reset electronic power steering, but had to swap tires left to right. Drove it on street and highway, drove straight for a good while without holding the wheel (20-30 seconds). Too many curves to test it farther than that on the hwy.

Was also told the new type of tires I have, which are sportier tires, BF Goodrich Advantage TA, could also lead to different driving conditions. Not sure how true that really is, but will look into it further for next time new tires are due.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Awesome news Dezy . In the next couple of weeks I’m planning to replace the tires with Goodyear assurance WeatherReady tires I hope that will fix my issue

·
Registered
495 Posts
I never do alignments at a dealer or main stream tire shop; if its in the 'green', they won't touch it. Find an independent shop that knows what they are doing with analog tools and you'll be much happier. The only thing laser alignment did is make more money for the owner of it, too much margin to correct in-the-margin issues like a slight pull or misaligned steering wheel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You make a valid point about the dealer alignment. If any other pulls happen I’ll do that next time for sure

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Replaced the tires today, the car still pulls the right . I have an appointment at the dealer on Monday

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the update. Did you end up buying the Goodyear tires? are those the original stock tires?

As sort of an update, I’ve noticed that the issue was not 100% resolved on my mdx. it definitely drives straighter than before, but still the slightest pull. I’ve decided to leave it for now and see how the next tire rotation goes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
After 2 tripes to the dealer they told me that the car dosen't pull to the right is drifting and that is normal .

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
1) Vehicle typically don't like falling into graves (potholes). This does unpleasant things to struts and stuff. But these things happen.
2) You might want them to check the brakes, IF vehicle pulls only when braking. You can do brake line damage if it fell in a pothole.
In 1988 I bought the only used car in my life. Oddly I have a tie-rod problem within a year. Ended up with a $900 front end repair (1989 dollars). I never bought a used vehicle since. Had 5 MDXs and a Civic Si. No pull. Point is when you buy used you take your chances......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,

I am currently dealing with a local dealer, where I have requested a second opinion on checking the tires for the pull. They will be swapping new MDX tires to test. They have cross rotated the current tires twice now to test. The selling dealer, which is 150 miles away, swapped new tires from an MDX and stated the vehicle still pulled. I just can’t keep going back there every weekend to check this out. I have also contacted the Acura corporate office. If it’s not the tires, the dealer hasn’t suggested any other possibility at this point. I’m assuming because they haven’t looked much further than suggesting it’s the tires. I will keep posting for updates.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts