Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I just purchase a 2017 Acura MDX with 28k miles.
The car has new tires and the dealer did an alignment and the car is pulling to the right .

Any ideas what it can be ?

Let me know

Thank you

·
Registered
341 Posts
Is it possible your steering wheel is not center while they perform the alignment? So when you center the steering wheel while you are driving, the car pull to the side, I had this before.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible your steering wheel is not center while they perform the alignment? So when you center the steering wheel while you are driving, the car pull to the side, I had this before.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
They told me they did center the steering wheel while they did the alignment

·
Registered
12 Posts
A tire can have "radial pull". All new tires aren't perfect.If You swap the front tires and the pull goes the other way,it's the tire.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
The car still has manufacture warranty can I bring it to a Acura dealer ?
Alignments are usually not covered. Unless there is a defective part. You need to have it checked out. Then go back to the selling dealer if there is a real problem.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Does it pull right in all driving surfaces and speeds?

We have certain sections of hwy with heavy semi truck traffic and they make ruts that can pull a car in one direction or the other. Concrete sections with rain grooves the run in the direction of travel can cause the tires to follow them (usually with brand new tread). Depending on your hwy department, they sometimes build in a slight slope to the left or right help with water drainage.

If not, a cross rotation could see if the problem shifts to the other side or still a suspension issue.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The car has new tires and the dealer did an alignment and the car is pulling to the right .
Most likely they messed up the alignment. I think a fair number of alignments do more harm than good due to them being done incorrectly.

Take it back to the dealer you bought it from, who stated they did the alignment, and tell them they did it wrong and you want it corrected. If they say it was done correctly have them drive it with you in the vehicle with them and show them the problem.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I had 3 times the alignment done on the car.
You said you just bought it - how'd you end up having it aligned 3 times? Do you mean you took it to the same person 3 times to have the alignment checked? What's the timeline on this? Did it pull to one side immediately on buying the vehicle, and if so, why'd you buy it? If it didn't pull initially then what happened right before it started pulling?

I think either they're not aligning it correctly, or they didn't do a thorough inspection for accident damage or a steering component damage. You probably need to take it to a place that knows more about what they're doing for the alignment - one that has a good rep that body shops in the area use for fixed accident vehicles.

Alternatively, it might be just that you're not used to how the vehicle drives if it's not a strong pull to one side or the other. Try to test it in a large parking lot or someplace flat - without a road crown.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Bad tire can cause what your describing. Have the front tires swapped side to side and see what happens. Had this happen on a Mitsubishi once. No matter what it would not stay on the road. Tire dealer put a different brand of tires on it and no more problems.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After the alignment today the guy told us that Honda’s and Acura have a tendency to pull to the right

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
^^ Did today's person find a problem? Is it better?

My 2014 MDX doesn't pull to the right and I've never done an alignment on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can’t believe I found this thread. I am
having the exact same issue on a certified 2017 MDX (26k miles) bought just 2 weeks ago. Didn’t notice it when test driving it, didn’t let go of the wheel at the time. Also, later noticed the steering wheel was off center.

Took it to a local acura dealer for a check, they straightened out the steering wheel, did an alignment, rotated the tires, cross rotated, still pulled to the right. They suggested it was the tires (aftermarket).

Took it back to dealer where I purchased the car. They said they swapped tires from another car, (I did not actually see this), they said still pulled. Checked alignment, said Dealer 1 alignment was out of spec. Re-did alignment, said was good to go. On drive home, notice pull is still there.

Will definitely need to be in the car for road test on the follow up visit.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts