Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to sympathize with all those who end up waiting for their MDX to come through the dealer. The dealers here in the Minneapolis area are the same way. Since I pretty much always lease my SUV, I opted to go through someone else other than the dealer to get my vehicle.

To ensure that my MDX would be to me by Feb 1, when the lease on my Mercedes ML-430 is up, I ordered in the first week of November... Well, in less than a month, they called and told me my MDX was already in. This was still about 2 months early for me, so I told them to just give it to someone else.

Now, just a couple weeks later, they tell me that another one is already on the way for me, and that it will be here at the beginning of January. This time, they are just going to store it for me until Feb 1, cause I still don't want the vehicle a month early.

My lease is very reasonable too, more than $100 less than what the dealer would give me, plus, they would not promise that they could get my vehicle in time... The higher price was because the lease was based on an amout over MSRP, plus, each one gets dealer installed accessories whether you want them or not.

The dealerships I talked to also could not promise any specific color or trim level... You just kind of get in line like sheep, and when it's your turn, when each one comes in after that, you can bid on it, or pass and wait for the next.

I just hate (yes, HATE) Honda/Acura dealers. They act like it's some great privelage for you to buy a car from them. Well, $42,000 says that I will be the one to decide what color, trim level, and date for any vehicle I drive.

The biggest problem I have had so far with where I am getting mine from is that they keep getting the car before I am ready, so I end up telling them to give it to someone else, or store it until I am ready to pick it up.

For those looking to buy or lease their MDX, I really urge that you shop around with some indepent buyers and leasing agencies to make sure you don't get shafted.

Anyway, I am very happy that mine is on the way, again. I can't wait to finish up the other lease so I can go pick it up.

-Dana

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention something important...

Though I have made it clear that I hate Honda/Acura dealers, I must be sure to mention this...

I LOVE HONDA/ACURA CARS!

My Mercedes that I have mentioned has had numerous problems, and my Audi always seems to have some sort of oil leak going, no matter how many times I have it fixed.

I am returning to Honda/Acura after a 2 year vacation from them. I have previously owned an Accord LXi coupe, Civic EX, and CR-V, and never had a single problem with ANY of them. Except, my CR-V came with no second gear, but the transmission was replaced before I even picked it up from the dealer.

Can't wait for my new MDX, which I am sure will provide me with 4 years of dependable, safe, comfortable driving. (I am doing a 4 year lease, hence the 4 years)

-Dana

·
Registered
99 Posts
Suite

What you told us looks like to that XC90 buyers are seeing right now when they try to reserve one from Volvo dealers. Take a look at Town Hall for horrible stories about their experience with Volvo dealers.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/[email protected]@.ef0e944/583

By the way, I got mine last Friday after looking at X5, XC90, Infiniti, RX300 and ML500. MDX is definitely the best SUV out there.

:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, mostly...

The one thing that I don't think I can agree with is that the MDX is the BEST suv out there...

The MDX is really good, and was probably the best choice for me at this time. I think there are a lot of good suv models to choose from, but each one has it's own shortcomings.

Don't get me wrong here... The MDX is a really nice suv, and I am happy I picked it, but here are thing things it lacks:

No tip-tronic transmission
No side markers (on side or rear view mirrors)
No xenons
No headlight washers
No dual climate for the front seats
No optional rear seat heaters
No optional power (V-8)
Lacks the exterior styling of the X5, XC90 and M-Class

But it DOES have:

Best navigation system on the market
A really great entertainment system
Very quiet engine

And as a personal choice, I prefer the 2 piece tailgate of the X5, and I like a key/remote combo in favor of the cheapie key fob remote that acura supplies.

What I am getting at is that you have to weigh your options of the things you need vs. what are nice options. For me and my wife, the clincher was the 3rd row seat and the entertainment system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts