Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 09 with tht cool suspension, nav and screen for those who sit in the back. but a few things seem to be amiss...i look around at some of the pics posted here and i dont have the control buttons on my radio for the screen in the back. i have the headphones and the vin shows i have the sports/ent package. i have the roof rack and rims.

only reason i care is becuase the headphones are crappy now, and i was wondering if i can use the car's speakers to play the sound from the dvd screen. i cannot seem to find any insight on that subject.

does anyone know if i even can? if so, how?

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Pictures of what you believe is lacking in your ride would be helpful in helping you.

Randy B

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
So you are saying your dash looks like this:

instead of this?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Without pics it is hard to tell. It sounds like you have an aftermarket entertainment system?

If you don't have the rear heated seat controls/headphones/AV input, 115v power plug in center arm rest, wireless infrared headphones, the extra DVD player/controls on the front center console, or this exact system below on the MDX ceiling; you might be aftermarket:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Those pics are different than the player I had in my 07'. Are they from an 09' like the OP's?

Randy B

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I did a Google pic search for 07-09 MDX rear DVD Ent system and the above pic popped up. Went to Carmax to see pics of 07-09 MDXs+End and the below is what they had on the lots. My first pic is from the 10-13 MDX Ent system.

Does yours look more like this?

·
Registered
617 Posts
That's what my 07' looked like, and I believe his 09' should like.

Randy B

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If thts the 09. My dvd looks NOTHING like tht

Without pics it is hard to tell. It sounds like you have an aftermarket entertainment system?

If you don't have the rear heated seat controls/headphones/AV input, 115v power plug in center arm rest, wireless infrared headphones, the extra DVD player/controls on the front center console, or this exact system below on the MDX ceiling; you might be aftermarket:

·
Registered
617 Posts
You have an aftermarket system installed with a tech model MDX. Look at your rear vents, no rear seat heaters, not an entertainment model. Whoever says your VIN decodes to a sport/ent is wrong. It's just a sport which includes Tech.

Randy B

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
We really need to see some pics of the DVD player, rear console, and front console. Where do you insert the DVD (inside the roof mounted unit)? On the OEM system, you can only insert the DVD in the front center console below the CD slot.

Maybe the original tech+ent front console died and it was replaced with the tech version? Just thinking that since the OP said they had everything else except the center console?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't think he has the other items.

·
Registered
798 Posts
You have an aftermarket system installed with a tech model MDX. Look at your rear vents, no rear seat heaters, not an entertainment model. Whoever says your VIN decodes to a sport/ent is wrong. It's just a sport which includes Tech.

Randy B
This is my guess too.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Looks like a 09 Tech+Sport (no OEM Ent system). Someone added an aftermarket DVD player.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Most expensive model, maybe not the very best model....

You get seat heaters for the rear outer seats, wireless (IR) headphones, 3 headphone jacks, composite (yellow, red/white audio) AUX input, 110-120v power plug in front center armrest, and DVD player in front center console. The rear seat folks could control the XM, AM, FM, DVD player with IR remote. You also got a power rear hatch with the Ent system; but, I think they made that standard on the +09 models.

I only went for the Ent option for the rear seat heaters. We mostly use our 128GB iPad mini tethered to my 4GS iPhone when traveling. More flexibility with movies, games, internet, banking, etc... and we can take the iPad with us in hotels, work, and at home. The only disadvantage with the iPad is the screen isn't bright enough if there is too much light outdoors.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Highest model defined as the most expensive for 2009 was Sport + Entertainment package.

For 2009 all models got power tailgate standard except the base, so the trim levels were:

Base
Tech
Tech/Ent
Sport
Sport/Ent

So as mrgold35 said essentially the only thing you are missing from the Ent package is the rear heated seats for the outboard 2nd row (none in the middle seat). That and the OEM look and the RCA cables, etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts