Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - just wondering your thoughts and experiences with using the various music sources.

Since I've had my MDX, I've always had a spare iPod plugged into the USB port and used that for music purposes. It's worked great - been able to have control of my music via the center display or voice control. Lately, though, I've subscribed to Apple Music so I've been plugging my iPhone in each time I get in the car. Despite the hassle of plugging and unplugging the phone, I like how the music info still displays on the center display and I can control the music with "hey Siri" which is much better than the MDX's voice control. I have been having one issue though - when I receive phone calls it does not play well with Bluetooth. I can no longer accept the call from the steering wheel - I have to accept it on the phone and then change the audio source to hands free link. This kind is defeats the purpose of of Bluetooth. That coupled with having to plug and unplug my phone every time I get in the car has reverted me back to using my dedicated iPod.

I would appreciate anyone's input as to what their setup is, pros, cons, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I pretty much only use streamed music in the MDX - from a variety of sources (all free) - Apple Music (free), iHeartRadio, Pandora, Accuradio, a particular radio station streaming app, and others. I use only the bluetooth connection around town and plug it into the USB connection if going on a long trip.

I listened to the XM when it was in the free tryout period but got tired of it on long road trips due to the lack of variety so I let it expire - i.e. I never signed up. I virtually never listen to actual radio anymore. I tried the HD radio just for the fun of it but found it lousy to listen to as the HD cut in and out in my area of many hills/valleys.

I'm fairly tired of almost all my old CDs so really don't listen to any of those (or the CDs that were stored on the HDD) anymore.

I use the same streaming (iPhone) when I'm out doing my workout every day.

I think streaming is the way to go and makes satellite radio almost obsolete and is quickly making regular radio obsolete - i.e. I can listen to the same station (or any of hundreds of stations) via streaming at better quality.

I have unlimited data (AT&T) and have found the reception from coast to coast surprisingly good. There are some dead areas out here in the west but not many. Obviously if one wants to stream a lot they better have an unlimited data plan or really pay attention to their data usage versus the plan so they don't go over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts