Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2010 mdx. the other day i got a tpms failure message. system won't show me tire pressures at all. ironically this happened a few weeks after having tires changed. assuming they probably accidentally broke a sensor, cuz i hear that tends to happen, i took it back to the shop and they assured me that all four sensors show to be good. didn't have time to leave it with them for a more thorough investigation. a few weeks later i get the vsm (or something like that) and a trailer stability warning (i don't have a trailer hitch or tow package from the factory). i work in a body shop and i have a decent code reader so i hook it up and the only thing it's telling me is there is now there's also a misfire on cylinder two. so i finally make the time to leave it at the mechanics shop that did the tires. they put some air in the tires (which weren't low) and the tpms starts working. now all they show is the misfire. i ordered a coil and spark plugs because that's something i can do myself. in the meantime i'm driving the car and a few days later the tpms goes out again. pulled it in the shop tonight to swap the coil and change the plugs and i swapped 1 and 2 coils just to make sure i'm on the right coil. hook up the scanner and no codes for a misfire. go into the real time diagnostic on the scanner and check for cylinder misfires. all 6 show pass. why would i show a misfire for a few days and then suddenly have no misfire. also i still have the tpms and randomly the vsm and trailer stability. what the crap is going on here?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I?ve never had t happen before but some people have commented of the spark plug of 2 and 5 (I think) coming lose. Maybe it was lose enough to cause a misfire? Did you tighten the spark plug when you did the coil swap?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i never got to that point. maybe the coil wasn't making good contact? my bigger concern is getting the tpms failure warning off and the other two warnings that come on every so often. really hoping i don't have some sort of computer issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts