Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've got an '06 MDX. My check engine light came on and I was having random misfires in all 6 cylinders. I replaced spark plugs and coils, and the problem persisted. I then changes the crank position sensor, which worked for about 1 day, now I'm having random misfires in all cylinders again. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys. I've got an '06 MDX. My check engine light came on and I was having random misfires in all 6 cylinders. I replaced spark plugs and coils, and the problem persisted. I then changes the crank position sensor, which worked for about 1 day, now I'm having random misfires in all cylinders again. Any ideas?
I was having a similar issue. I replaced the EGR valve, but when I took it off, there were fragments of my #6 ignition coil (copper wire) lodged in the valve.
Your issue may be different, not sure.
My #6 plug completely blew out, ignition coil burnt up, and the #5 coil was showing signs of burning up..was all brown.. not sure what would cause plugs to back out,
but I understand valve adjustment seems to be a popular theme here,, dunno.

I replaced the last two ignition coils, 5 & 6 and all 6 plugs (see my post).

Your random misfire is probably unrelated to any of these issues, but I will say, a new EGR valve cleared my random misfire..

Not sure if that helps.

·
Registered
240 Posts
EGR and valves both seem like good places to start. The EGR is easily accessible, so that's where I'd start personally; you can confirm whether it's the EGR in 10 minutes or so.

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/14-problems/16115-tim-egr-valve.html (this should give you a really good idea of where it is and how to take it off then put it back on)

At the age of your '06, your valves probably need to be adjusted no matter what. Some of the valves (exhaust IIRC) tend to tighten up over time in these engines which can lead to them burning out. If it's never been done, time to think about it. I did a write-up when I did the valves on my '06 a while back and while the job can be a PITA, it's relatively straight-forward.

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/73-first-generation-mdx-2001-2006/98002-valve-adjustment-06-mdx.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts