Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all so I have spent hours and hours trying to research and get info on what is causing the misfire on my 05 MDX. It isn't constant but has slowly gotten worse over the last month to where it is about 30% or so of the time I drive it. Already adjusted the valves, replaced plugs, and checked the PCV valve. It is missing in cylinders 2,3,4,5. Hey man so I have an 05 acura MDX that is missing really bad. Cylinder 2 injector circuit open, 02 sensor stuck lean bank 1 sensor 1, injector cicuit open cyl 1, ECM/PCM relation malfunction. What would my next step be to diagnose this? Could it be the crankshaft position sensor? Like I said it only happens sometimes but has gotten pretty severe. If there is a thread on this already I apologize but haven't found one that exactly fits my situation. If so please post a link. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Yes, check those injectors. Could be that the ECM is just losing its mind trying to find a setting that will keep the overall fuel / air mixture right with a cylinder or two singing their own tune.

FWIW, Rockauto.com has "rebuilt" injectors from Beck / Arnley for under $12. For that, I'd just get a couple and swap 'em out rather than trying to get too scientific. I normally don't suggest rebuilt parts for every application, but Honda injectors are so good that NON-rebuilt injectors out of a junkyard are almost certainly fine. Even if they just cleaned and tested them, chances are they'll outlast your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts