Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got stuck in a snow drift and it is 5 degrees outside. I put the car in reverse and really had to press down almost all the way on the accelerator and was able to back out. As I was doing this, a whole bunch of warning messages popped up on my dash board. Lane Departure failure, power steering failure, hill-start assist failure, forward collision warning failure and a few others. I have seen threads about "Christmas lights" coming up on dashboard. I feel like mine is different because it happened when I was stuck in snow and really had to put stress on the engine in extremely cold weather to get the car out of the snow. I was on a rural road and I didn't realize the road was not plowed and that is how I got stuck.
I drove the 18 miles home, the car seemed to be completely fine driving wise, and am hoping the system will reset itself.
I will call my dealer, of course, I had a B1 service yesterday and was just there, but wanted to know if anyone has experienced this and whether this is an electronic malfunction or something else.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just drove from Harrisburg, Pa to Nashua,NH in the snow this week end in my 2015 ADV. The ACC and CMBS stopped working and a warning to clean off the Radar unit. On the ride back when I stop at the light at my exit the dash went nuts and keep warning me about an approaching object or collision, not quit sure the exact wording. I was completely stopped and there was no way anything could be approaching. After I started to move the warming went out. When I got home and put the car in reverse all the parking sensors, both front and rear , went off even thou nothing was there. Two days later when I drive the MDX to get it washed everything was fine.
One thing I will say is the MDX did great in the bad weather. I was in everything from freezing rain to packed snow and temps from the low teens to the high thirty s.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brought car to dealer. They reset the warning system. They said that when I was spinning my wheels in reverse at a high rate, the warning systems can malfunction and that is what most likely happened. Everything seems to be fine now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts