Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have a Green 2004 MDX 3.5L Base, Thinking of giving the exhaust a little bit of a better sound. Has anyone done a muffler delete on an MDX before? I'm not trying to go for an obnoxiously loud car all the time, but rather trying to get a bit of a throatier tone when accelerating. What do people recommend?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not to be a dud, but I would not futz with the factory exhaust. I have an 03 accord 230k miles in Wisconsin rust belt and the original exhaust still in place. It's stainless, like the x has. Let it be, besides I don't think it will sound well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have not found it yet then google 'Acura MDX Stock Exhaust VS. Mid Muffler Delete Sound'. There is a youtube video. The guy ended going with a flowmaster 50 muffler.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I agree with Bratcop, however if you want a throatier sound when accelerating, you could put a K&N style open filter and straight pipe on the intake. That way it only roars when you step on it. It probably wont make the X any faster, the engineers spent some time designing the intake with its expansion chambers to be quiet and bring in cooler air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts