Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anybody know why I am only getting 150 miles per tank on my MDX 2017 and my friend has a 2013 and gets 300... is that normal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am getting 17-18 range in stop and go traffic and 20 in highways. odometer 700 - MDX '17. You should get at least this in my opinion. I hope this will improve over time, may be within next 4-5 months.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Are you actually getting that or just concerned about the number you are seeing in the MID? Because 150 is very low you should be getting 1-5mpgs to deplete the tank at that rate.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Is the 150 miles per 100% stop/go city traffic? Do you get the same mpgs on 100% hwy driving?

If you tell us more of your driving habits/environment (and octane level and where you gas up) when you get 150 miles per tank might help narrow down possible issues. I've driven my MDX in larger cities like LA, Las Vegas, Houston, and New Orleans and I'm lucky to get 13-15 mpg in my 11 MDX because of the traffic. I make up for it on the hwy at 22-24 mpgs.

The previous gen folks also had issues with loose spark plugs from the factory. It could also be the setting of your IDS? Do you keep it in "sport", "comfort", or "normal" mode?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Miles per tank really isn't telling us anything. If you're filling up at half tank 150 miles is pretty good. How many gallons are going back in when you fill up? Perhaps the fuel sender is off?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am getting 150 miles full tank
Premium fuel
Average miles per gallon 9.9 miles
Any suggestion or advice plz?
Somethings wrong. Even if you are flooring it and slamming breaks in LA traffic, you should not be getting that low mileage. I get 19.2 MPG premium fuel in Dallas traffic.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I average 15mpgs in San Diego traffic in my 5 speed 300HP 4500lb MDX... So you should not be getting 10mpgs in a modern, more fuel efficient and lighter model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OP, if you have a decent dealer, ask them to give you a loaner mdx (hopefully 2017 or 2016 at least) to compare for a day. It does sound like there is something wrong with your car.

My brand new 2017 AWD Advance (with the ESS mixed blessing) was getting average 20-24 on Sport mode, now 22-26 on Normal mode, using Premium +0.20/g gas from Costco. I am not sure if Comfort mode would be better or worse MPG?

Oh, and my 600 mile average which was quite low for the initial 60 miles before I got it, is now up to 24.2 MPG, about 80% highway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts