Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

MPG Issue on my 2011 MDX...HELP!

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  wasjr 
#1 ·
I am getting awful gas mileage on my 2011 MDX. This is the third MDX I've owned, the other two; a 2004 MDX, and a 2009 MDX got, on average 17-19 MPG, I am getting 12-13 MPG with my 2011 model and have been since I purchased it about 6 months ago.

I took it to the Acura Dealer last week, they ran diagnostics, checked the tire pressure, and air filter, it hasn't help at all! I know this isn't normal given the fact that I am driving with the same habits, under the same conditions, and on the same roads as my previous models. I can typically get 17-18 MPG when I flip the transmission into "manual" and change gears myself. There's a reason I don't have a manual transmission however, I don't want to have to manually shift for the rest of the life of this car.

I've looked through the threads on here and haven't seen anything regarding this issue, the dealer apparently has no clue either. Does anyone know what's going on? If not, does anyone know what route I can take to possibly receive some guidence from Acura?

Thanks!!

#4 ·
Had the same problem with my 2010. My 2007 had great mileage, reading off the HUD, 17-18 combo city/hwy. My 2010 ran like crap, bad gas mileage (11 - 12MPG), pinging, etc, etc. I've always used Premium, btw.

After many unsuccessful attempts at the dealer, I finally brought it in for a B13(?) service and changed the oil and rear differential oil. The SUV ran like a champ!!! I attribute the change in better gas mileage and performance to the changing of the diff. oil.

Good Luck

#5 ·
I am getting awful gas mileage on my 2011 MDX. This is the third MDX I've owned, the other two; a 2004 MDX, and a 2009 MDX got, on average 17-19 MPG, I am getting 12-13 MPG with my 2011 model and have been since I purchased it about 6 months ago.
I am in the same position. My 2011 gets worse mileage than the 01 and 05 that I had. I mentioned it to the dealer at the first service and was told to let it get a few miles on it. I now have 20k and taking in for A12 service next week and plan on mentioning it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.